Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Timescales - Update

Timescales - Update

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:31 pm
JoD
Forum Regular

JoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to all
Default Timescales - Update

Hiya

Just to let you all know we've received our request to go for medicals, without requiring an interview!! Our timescale is as follows:

Applied June 2003
Received File No. July 2003
Received medical request Sept 2004

Hope this gives the rest of you some idea of when you might hear!!

When we applied it was just the 2 of us, but now we have our daughter we have written to CHC in London twice asking how we get her onto the application, but we've heard nothing and now they are asking us to go for medicals and they still haven't acknowledged our daughter. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it??

Thanks

Jo
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Bound is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timescales - Update

Hi Jo

Sorry I cannot help you with your issue in getting CHC to recognise the fact that you have now have a daughter who also wishes to become a PR, but am sure it will be pretty straight forward once you have worked around how to address it! Would you mind me asking when your exact AOR was in Jun/Jul 03 as we are AOR July and sat tight waiting for mail each day. We know we cannot be far off but would appreciate any pointers. Thanks and good luck with the medicals!!!

Helen
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:40 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Well done JoD

I bet you're chuffed as a pig in poop. We applied in July 2003 so maybe we'll be next with a post like this.

Originally Posted by JoD
Hiya

Just to let you all know we've received our request to go for medicals, without requiring an interview!! Our timescale is as follows:

Applied June 2003

When we applied it was just the 2 of us, but now we have our daughter we have written to CHC in London twice asking how we get her onto the application, but we've heard nothing and now they are asking us to go for medicals and they still haven't acknowledged our daughter. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it??

Thanks

Jo
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi JoD,
we applied in 2003 september
file number on 13 jan 2004

we now await our medicals, have been told about jan time, but it looks like from yours and others it is taken about 13 to 14 months to come through. We have fingers crossed that we will here early in jan or feb.

You must be very excited now, i have been told that everything moves fast once the medicals happen, so good luck with everything.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JoD,

I'm glad to hear that you have received your request for your medicals, we

Applied June 2003

The same as you but as yet are still awaiting the request for the medicals, hopefully we will hear something soon. Anyway all the best I hope everything goes smoothly for you all!

Take care
Diane

Originally Posted by JoD
Hiya

Applied June 2003

Thanks

Jo
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Diane,

Thought you may be interested to know that we have been in touch with a couple whose AOR is 9th July and they have today received their medical requests, so please lets hope CHC are getting back to normal after their summer vacations and we are all nearing the top of the pile, when is your exact AOR? Look forward to hearing from you.
Take care
Helen
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

SW application

Applied: 12 may 2004
AOR: 27 august 2004

Current processing time in Berlin: 12 months

The countdown has started, 9 months to go (I hope)
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Helen,

Thanks for that good news, lets hope they hurry up and send us both for our medicals! Our AOR was 15th July 2003, so I if that couple that you mentioned are anything to go off I hope that we wont be long in receiving ours. I have just enrolled up for a years course at college so I'm also now wondering what to do if it all comes through now! Mind you the process of medicals and passports, plus selling our house etc will probably take quite a few months to go through so by that time I might be nearly finished anyway. Can't wait till it all goes through though, it's a very long process isn't it Where are you hoping to settle? We are going to Ontario.
Hope to hear from you soon
Take care
Diane

Originally Posted by Canada Bound
Hi Diane,

Thought you may be interested to know that we have been in touch with a couple whose AOR is 9th July and they have today received their medical requests, so please lets hope CHC are getting back to normal after their summer vacations and we are all nearing the top of the pile, when is your exact AOR? Look forward to hearing from you.
Take care
Helen
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:56 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Well ladies and gents what can I say

MANY, MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE NEARING THE END OF THIS TIRESOME, STRESSFULL, EDUCATIONAL, FRUSTRATING, ENLIGHTENING, HOPEFUL PROCESS, AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL RELIEVED THAT IT WILL SOON BE OVER.

Me and my family are just starting out, so we have all your pains and gains to go through !!!!!!!!

Hope it all continues to go well and you will see light at the end of the tunnel shortly.

Eddie and a wee for all of you
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:03 am
JoD
Forum Regular

JoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by railman
Hi JoD,

I'm glad to hear that you have received your request for your medicals, we

Applied June 2003

The same as you but as yet are still awaiting the request for the medicals, hopefully we will hear something soon. Anyway all the best I hope everything goes smoothly for you all!

Take care
Diane

Hi all

Thanks for your replies and GOOD LUCK to all of you on the same timescales as us - fingers crossed we all get over there soon!!!!

Just to let you know, our AOR was 17th July 2003 and got the medical requests 2nd September.

JoD
Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Eddie

Thank you for your kind thoughts as we hopefully work towards the latter stage of the process, which is not a good one if you suffer already from high blood pressure, but everybody who we have come across who are already PR's in Canada have not looked back, so I have comfort in good things come to those who wait!!! Thanks again and good luck to you and your family.
Cheers and a drink to you also!!!
Helen & Andy
Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Diane,

We are also looking to settle in Ontario, we are hoping to call Wasaga Beach/Collingwood home when we arrive, where are you settling? Great to hear from somebody else sharing the pressures of this whole lot!!!!! We have everything in place to get the house on the market as soon as we receive the med requests, so hopefully we will have a 'for sale' board in the garden in the next few weeks!!!??(We are AOR 29th July) so will be watching this space hoping you post you have med requsets in the next week or so and we will be not far behind you!! What are you doing at college? Like you say by the time college has finished it should all come together at the same time and you will have something else under your belt. What is it a course in relocating or relaxation???
Do you have children? We have 2 boys aged 13 & 3 - the elder one is really excited and the little one has no say in the matter!!!! Let us know where you are settling and please keep us in the picture when you get that wonderful envelope!!
bye for now
Helen
Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:52 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Eddie

Thank you for your kind thoughts as we hopefully work towards the latter stage of the process, which is not a good one if you suffer already from high blood pressure
Helen & Andy
If you suffer from high blood pressure, you may fail the medical!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:02 pm
squarepants

Is that right Lifty

Every applicant for permanent resident status and some applicants for temporary status are required to undergo a medical examination by a medical officer. Though this is generally confined to a standard physical exam including blood and urine tests and x-rays, prior medical records as well as your mental state will be examined.

Applicants may be rejected solely on medical grounds, if:

i) their condition would endanger the health or safety of the Canadian population at large,

ii) their admission might cause excessive demands on social or health services provided by the government, or

iii) their condition might reasonably prevent them from supporting themselves and/or those dependent upon them.

When determining whether any person is inadmissible on medical grounds, the medical officer is obliged to consider the nature, severity or probable duration of any health impairment from which the person is suffering as well as other factors, such as whether there is danger of contagion; whether unpredictable or unusual behaviour may create a danger to public safety; whether the supply of health or social services that the person may require in Canada is limited to such an extent that: the use of such services may not be available or accessible to the person or may deprive Canadian nationals of these services; whether medical care or hospitalization is required; whether potential employability or productivity is affected, etc.

The medical officer has five criteria on which to base his assessment of admissibility.

In order to give a medical opinion in terms which are clearly understood and accepted by both medical and immigration authorities, a system of assessment has been developed whereby an applicant is assigned a medical profile.

This medical profile consists of a coded series of letters and numbers based on the two principal criteria and the three supporting criteria mentioned above. The five criteria are:

H - Risk to Public Safety or Public Health

D - Expected Demand on Health or Social Services

T - Response to Medical Treatment

S - Surveillance

E - Potential Employability or Productivity

Under each criterion is a list of descriptive categories. Taken as a whole, the ratings assigned under each criterion form the basis for a legally binding medical opinion regarding admissibility. This opinion is expressed by the symbol "M" at the end of the profile and represents the combined significance of the five criteria. It is indicated symbolically as

M - Statement of Medical Status

Ml No health impairment sufficient to prevent admission

M2 Has a condition for which the degree of risk to public health or safety is not sufficient to exclude admission, but which risk should be considered in relation to other personal and social criteria.

M3 Has a condition for which the potential demand on health or social services is not sufficient to exclude admission, but which risk should be considered in relation to other personal and social criteria.

M4 Has a condition which is likely to endanger public health or safety to such an extent that the applicant is at present inadmissible, but for which the expected response to treatment is such that future admission could be considered.

M5 Has a condition which is likely to cause demand on health or social services to such an extent that the applicant is not at present admissible, but for which the expected response to treatment is such that future admission could be considered.

M6 Has a condition which is a danger to public health or safety and which is not likely to respond to treatment in such a way as to allow admission in the foreseeable future.

M7 Has a condition which could cause excessive demand on health or social services, and which is not likely to respond to treatment. Please note that medical assessment is done on a case by case basis, taking all aspects of an applicant's condition into account. The references below should be taken only as general guidelines, not as absolutely applicable in all cases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active Pulmonary Tuberculosis

Active pulmonary tuberculosis will be assessed M4, inadmissible as a danger to public health.

Inactive Pulmonary Tuberculosis

Inactive pulmonary tuberculosis may be generally profiled as M2 (conditionally admissible subject to public health surveillance).

Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis

Although not normally considered infectious, such cases should be placed under surveillance and profiled: M2

Originally Posted by liftman
If you suffer from high blood pressure, you may fail the medical!

Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:16 pm
squarepants

Just curious as to why you've chosen this resort town as a place where you want to settle down in? We love wasaga beach ( the longest fresh water beach in the world ).

Also I will take it you've visted collingwood, and you've looked into the job situation in this area of ontario? I love wasaga, and on nice hot day, there is no better place to be, you can rent a seadoo for $65/hr.

Hi Diane,

We are also looking to settle in Ontario, we are hoping to call Wasaga Beach/Collingwood home when we arrive, where are you settling? Great to hear from somebody else sharing the pressures of this whole lot!!!!! We have everything in place to get the house on the market as soon as we receive the med requests, so hopefully we will have a 'for sale' board in the garden in the next few weeks!!!??(We are AOR 29th July) so will be watching this space hoping you post you have med requsets in the next week or so and we will be not far behind you!! What are you doing at college? Like you say by the time college has finished it should all come together at the same time and you will have something else under your belt. What is it a course in relocating or relaxation???
Do you have children? We have 2 boys aged 13 & 3 - the elder one is really excited and the little one has no say in the matter!!!! Let us know where you are settling and please keep us in the picture when you get that wonderful envelope!!
bye for now
Helen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.