Timescales

Old Aug 27th 2004, 6:33 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timescales

Hi Cynthia2373
We are using a company called SIS Canada, we found them in the Canada News
We rang about half a dozen consultants but got the best vibes from SIS, they are ( so they say ) no win no fee agents, we paid £500.00 up front and about the same again if we get through
One of the reasons that we decided to use a third party was my sister-in-law decided to save the money and do it herself, got something wrong and ended up having to start over again, bearing in mind how long CIC already take we didn't want to risk getting something wrong and adding to the timescale, I know its a bit pricey and well done to all the people who did it themselves and saved the money ~ but for us it was such a huge decision to emigrate we decided to use all the help we could get

Originally Posted by cynthia2373
Hi there

I noticed you have an immigration consultant. Could you pls tell me how you found her, how much she charges, etc. I'm debating whether or not to use a consultant or try to do it all myself!!
Thanks

Good luck with everything everyone, I hope to be in your shoes one day soon!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

We applied Nov 03 and got our AOR Jan 04. On another group i belong to, AOR May 03`rs are just now starting to get their medical requests, so this gives some indication of timelines. There have also been a small number of people that have had their applications mistakenly sent to sweeden, by CHC London. Don`t want to alarm anyone, but if you don`t hear anything for 15 -16 months, then maybe fax or write to CHC London, or if in the vacinity, go up there and speek to a human, (If they`ve got any)

I know what you mean about trying to keep the momentum going. I`m in a bit of a pessimistic mood at the moment, will we like it, what if we can`t find jobs, what if the only job hubby can get is delivering pizzas...etc... oh shall we just stay here where everything`s safe and our family and friends are here. on the other hand if we don`t do it now we never will, and will always be wondering "What if?"

This is the biggest thing we`ve ever done. I guess we`ll have to wait untill we get there to see if our decision is right. Jo xx
Old Aug 27th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michele, you say you worked at TNT is that on the industrial estate Bredbury? We left Bredbury 5 years ago to move to lovely Crewe Now we can't escape!

How long have you lived in Calgary? Have you seen a winter there yet? Is that where your husband is from?

All the best
Diane

Originally Posted by michele
Hi Diane, I worked at TNT on cromwell road for nearly two years (didn't deliver the parcels by the way!!) you wouldn't recognise Denton anymore the market is non existent and they have nearly finished building a Morrisons where Celmac used to be (used to work there too!!) they also have`a big shopping centre which was nearly finished before we came to Calgary, but it's`still a c**p place to live!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 8:59 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by railman
Hi Michele, you say you worked at TNT is that on the industrial estate Bredbury? We left Bredbury 5 years ago to move to lovely Crewe Now we can't escape!

How long have you lived in Calgary? Have you seen a winter there yet? Is that where your husband is from?

All the best
Diane
Hi Diane, yep TNT is on the ind est such a lovely place!! We came to Calgary in May of this year so haven't been here long and have yet to experience winter!! Hubby was originally born in Edmonton but had lived in UK for most of his life which is where we met, he is sponsoring me inland just waiting to hear our twins girls aged 6 get their cizitzenship from him they all have canadian passports, i'm billy no mates!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michele, I hope you get the sponsorship sorted out soon. Have your girls got dual citizenship? What do they think of living in Calgary? Have they settled OK? I hope my kids settle when we eventually get to Canada. You say your husband is originally from Edmonton has he still got family over there?

I hope you get this message, I tried to send you a message a minute ago but the PC crashed Anyway going for a now and a video. Bye for now Diane

Originally Posted by michele
Hi Diane, yep TNT is on the ind est such a lovely place!! We came to Calgary in May of this year so haven't been here long and have yet to experience winter!! Hubby was originally born in Edmonton but had lived in UK for most of his life which is where we met, he is sponsoring me inland just waiting to hear our twins girls aged 6 get their cizitzenship from him they all have canadian passports, i'm billy no mates!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 9:49 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by railman
Hi Michele, I hope you get the sponsorship sorted out soon. Have your girls got dual citizenship? What do they think of living in Calgary? Have they settled OK? I hope my kids settle when we eventually get to Canada. You say your husband is originally from Edmonton has he still got family over there?

I hope you get this message, I tried to send you a message a minute ago but the PC crashed Anyway going for a now and a video. Bye for now Diane
Enjoy your beer and video Diane!! Girls do have dual citizenship which is great for them and they have settled really well i suppose being spoilt rotten has helped they start school on wednesday and are really excited feel free to send me a PM anytime have a good weekend!!!
Old Aug 28th 2004, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi there,
we started our process around same time as joelsa, sep 2003 and AOR in jan 04, have been told by our agency, also with SIS, that if we do not hear by march 2005 then they will chase up our application with chc. We are so hoping it doesn't take that long and fingers are crossed to hear about jan 05. So lets all let each other know when we do hear.