Timescales

Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:58 pm
JoD
Forum Regular

JoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to all
Default Timescales

Hi all

This is mainly in response to "bananahammock" who in a previous thread asked about timescales, but if there is anyone else out there please feel free to contribute!!

We (my hubbie & 8 month old daughter) applied for PR in June 2003 and received our file number in July 2003 but haven't heard a dickie bird since. We were told it would be between 15-22 months before we would know anything so I guess we could be in for a long wait.

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Little Hazel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timescales

Originally Posted by JoD
Hi all

This is mainly in response to "bananahammock" who in a previous thread asked about timescales, but if there is anyone else out there please feel free to contribute!!

We (my hubbie & 8 month old daughter) applied for PR in June 2003 and received our file number in July 2003 but haven't heard a dickie bird since. We were told it would be between 15-22 months before we would know anything so I guess we could be in for a long wait.

Cheers
Hello

Just to let you know we put our papers in in October 2002 did not hear a word until May 2003 acknowledging them. did not hear a word until 1st December 2004 informing us of Approval .Beginning of Feb received our Visas, came to Canada in May. Everyone fine and happy. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Hi there

My application is a bit different to everyone else as I am inland sponsorship rather than PR from another country but as I found it hard to compare my timescales to others I thought I would put my down to help others.

Application received Feb 9th 2004
Started processing March 23rd 2004
AIPS recieved July 22nd

Still waiting but one consolation is I guess I'm here with hubby now so not complaining.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ed_and_Karen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JoD
Hi all

Cheers
We received our file number around August 2003 and haven't heard a dickie bird either. We moved to Canada a few months back and wrote to London to tell them of our address change. It still hasn't been updated on e-client. I've seen in the forums that e-client should be ignored anyway. Just hoping they filed my new address away somewhere!!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My husband and I and our two kids (8 & 5) also put our PR Visa in at the same time as you, June 13 2003. We received our file number a month later and we are still waiting. It gets you down but in the end I think the wait will be worthwhile!

By the way which part of Stockport are you from? My husband is originally from Bredbury Green, Stockport.

Originally Posted by JoD
Hi all

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi there,

we put our skilled workers application in on sep 30 2003, AOR in jan 2004, nothing since. Seems to be taking about 12 to 14 months for next stage to happen, i hope it doesn't take any longer, as said before it does get you down, also tests your marriage and relationship, maybe that's what immigration set out to do, to see if you are strong another to go through with the process and are you serious about going. I believe it will be worth the wait in the end. People have said to me as soon as you get the next stage everything moves so fast, so can't wait till then.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:17 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JoD & everyone else who is waiting, & waiting...................

I didn't realise that the e-client is pretty useless, I thought that they updated it once a week.
I spoke to our immigration consultant the other day and she thinks that we should hear something round about christmas time.
One of my biggest worries about immigration is how it will affect the kids
JoD you are lucky enough to have applied whilst your daughter is very young ~ my kids are older and will find the change a lot harder ( I should have done this years ago )
Does anyone find that all of this waiting is just putting more and more doubt in your minds or am I just an eternal pessimist

Originally Posted by JoD
Hi all

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:59 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Does anyone find that all of this waiting is just putting more and more doubt in your minds or am I just an eternal pessimist
Anything worth having is worth waiting for... this is my daily mantra
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

bobkhag5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Timescales

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
Anything worth having is worth waiting for... this is my daily mantra
Posted PR Application CHCH London March 2003
AOR April 2003
Medicals Request May 2004
June 2004 added my Daughter
July 2004 Done Medicals for all Family
Awaiting Pasport Request. Anticipating a 2-3 month wait for total completion
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:49 pm
JoD
Forum Regular

JoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to allJoD is a name known to all

Thanks for all the replies - it's nice to know you're not the only one sat around waiting!!! Fingers crossed we hear something soon - I'll let you know! All the waiting does seem to make you have more doubts - I suppose it's natural, but I'm sure Canada will definately be worth the wait!!

I'm from Edgeley in Stockport - not far from Stockport County Football Club. I don't know Bredbury that well, but I know it's not too far from here!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

We all have doubts - We worry about finding employment. I know things won't be easy at first but in the end I think we all have a better life in Canada than we do here. I know the children will, so I will not give up on the idea of starting a new life in Canada. I just wish the visa would hurry up so we can get on with our lives!

I don't know Edgeley very well. I know where the football ground is, and I know the main street because we used to get our car insurance from there a few years ago but that it!

Originally Posted by JoD
Thanks for all the replies - it's nice to know you're not the only one sat around waiting!!! Fingers crossed we hear something soon - I'll let you know! All the waiting does seem to make you have more doubts - I suppose it's natural, but I'm sure Canada will definately be worth the wait!!

I'm from Edgeley in Stockport - not far from Stockport County Football Club. I don't know Bredbury that well, but I know it's not too far from here!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Hi JoD & everyone else who is waiting, & waiting...................

I didn't realise that the e-client is pretty useless, I thought that they updated it once a week.
I spoke to our immigration consultant the other day and she thinks that we should hear something round about christmas time.
One of my biggest worries about immigration is how it will affect the kids
JoD you are lucky enough to have applied whilst your daughter is very young ~ my kids are older and will find the change a lot harder ( I should have done this years ago )
Hi there

I noticed you have an immigration consultant. Could you pls tell me how you found her, how much she charges, etc. I'm debating whether or not to use a consultant or try to do it all myself!!
Thanks

Good luck with everything everyone, I hope to be in your shoes one day soon!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 2:35 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by railman
Hi,
My husband and I and our two kids (8 & 5) also put our PR Visa in at the same time as you, June 13 2003. We received our file number a month later and we are still waiting. It gets you down but in the end I think the wait will be worthwhile!

By the way which part of Stockport are you from? My husband is originally from Bredbury Green, Stockport.
Hi I am waiting as inland spousal and I believe it doesn't take as long, just wanted to say I used to live in Denton and I worked in Bredbury!!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

My husband used to work in Romiley at Davies & Metcalfes I don't know if you ever saw it on the main road but it's now a housing estate!!! We have not been back to Bredbury for a while when we lived there we used to go in the Rising Sun. We used to do the odd shop to the Market at Crown Point but we have moved to Crewe now. Where did you used to work in Bredbury?

All the best
Diane

Originally Posted by michele
Hi I am waiting as inland spousal and I believe it doesn't take as long, just wanted to say I used to live in Denton and I worked in Bredbury!!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 4:28 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by railman
My husband used to work in Romiley at Davies & Metcalfes I don't know if you ever saw it on the main road but it's now a housing estate!!! We have not been back to Bredbury for a while when we lived there we used to go in the Rising Sun. We used to do the odd shop to the Market at Crown Point but we have moved to Crewe now. Where did you used to work in Bredbury?

All the best
Diane
Hi Diane, I worked at TNT on cromwell road for nearly two years (didn't deliver the parcels by the way!!) you wouldn't recognise Denton anymore the market is non existent and they have nearly finished building a Morrisons where Celmac used to be (used to work there too!!) they also have`a big shopping centre which was nearly finished before we came to Calgary, but it's`still a c**p place to live!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.