Wikiposts

Timescales

Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

ChocolateTeapot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timescales

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could tell me this: what would a reasonable timescale for a move be? i.e. typically how long is it likely to be between applying to move (to Vancouver, from Edinburgh) to actually getting the green light and booking flight tickets?

I appreciate that this is likely to be variable, but some rough idea of how long would be good to know i.e. months, years?

Thanks in advance,
CT.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

moving is an unknown quantity at this point

Hye,
Hard to say what your timescale would be. Each case is judged on its own merit. We had all our papers in order and it took us 11 months, March 2003 to Feb 2004. All the best.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

For skilled worker applications through London, on current information figure maybe...
  • Three months to get all the paperwork together if you apply yourself
  • A three month wait for the AORs after you submit your application
  • An eighteen to twenty-four month wait to be processed
  • Three months to turn around medicals and passport requests and get your visa
It's a long process, start planning early!

Cheers, Iain
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Jill and Ian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timescales

Hi all,

Im not sure how long it take (heard upto 2 years). Moving how did you get it all sorted in 11 months? Ive never heard of it been that quick.

Is the process speeded up depending on what job you do and where you want to go. ie oil industry and Alberta?

Thanks

Ian