Reload this Page >

timescale advice/ guidance

timescale advice/ guidance

Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default timescale advice/ guidance

hi good morning,
we wound appreciate some advice from you that have done it for moving and timescale for processing.

we have applied under the CIS for Nova Scotia and submitted our forms in february. as yet we have not heard anything in relation to our nomination. we initally thought that we would jump without lmo once nomination came through and take twp to start settling but there has been questions raised about having my wife's qualifications assesed which could make things more difficult to get a job offer for the twp anyway. shes a nurse.

meanwhile, she has just been offered an opportunity to study for a MSc in Cumbria with full fees paid. its a great opportunity yet we would have to move from northern ireland to cumbria to do so .

question is............
1 . do we hope things are sorted out get our nomination and try to get twp now, our children are 7 and 4 so it would be great age for them to start living in nova scotia.

2. do we accept the msc offer , move to cumbria and study while awaiting our permanent residency and then move ( kids would be 9,6 but already had to move schools once)

a little confused right now. we looked at a msc in canada and were shocked by the price so its not really an option to study unless someone has advice on reducing costs??

we would appreciate your thoughts.

regards , have ab great day

jonathan
Old Mar 25th 2012, 1:35 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescale advice/ guidance

hi, you should hear soon about your nomination and once you have that its about a 6 month wait for meds (if nothings changed).
We did come here on nomination and were granted an 8 month visitors visa at POE, based on the fact that we had nomination. This has its risks though as I know that its down to the immigration officer.
I was offered a job and we were able to get TWPs as I am the principal applicant and it was a job in my field. The TWPs and everything that followed after that was pretty easy.

It took us exactly one year from start to finish to gain PR and for 5 months of that we were here, in NS

Obviously it is up to you what you choose to do, and I understand your concerns about making the right choices.
Will the MSc be beneficial here?
How long is the course?
Do you WANT to take this course? Full fees paid sounds fabulous to me
We moved our children aged 7 and 4 and they had some issues with leaving their close friends which was hard for them and me. Each child is different and you know your own, regarding moving them twice.

Good luck making your decision