Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tim Hortons or Starbucks?

View Poll Results: Timmies or Starbucks?
Tim Hortons
66.67%
Starbucks
28.99%
Don't Know/Undecided
4.35%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Tim Hortons or Starbucks?

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:33 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim Hortons or Starbucks?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Speaking of a Timmies run.

I would like to know why people will line up in the drive-thru line at Timmies out to the street and wait 20 minutes to half an hour for a cup of coffee when they could most likely have made a pot at home and had that extra time to get ready for work. Or get to work earlier and make coffee there.

They could even buy Timmies to make at home or work.

I would certainly hope they are not using the Timmies line-up as an excuse to be late.
I figured out very quickly when I worked in Mississauga that it was much quicker to park up and walk in than que in the drive through. It was just braving the weather during the winter!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:13 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Even if it tasted 100 times better I wouldn't touch Starbucks taking into account their attitude towards military people.

Timmies could be utter mud and it would still get my vote out of these two!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:30 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcustandy
Even if it tasted 100 times better I wouldn't touch Starbucks taking into account their attitude towards military people.

Timmies could be utter mud and it would still get my vote out of these two!
What's their issue with the military?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:36 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrs hortons
I LOVE TIMMIES!!!! Bring on the French vanilla coffee, Timbits, Boston Creams and the chilli. Yummy!
Uuuuuum do miss all the sweet bits that go with the coffee.....but Timothy's Coffee house for me when it comes to the brew.....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

What different flavours do they have in the Timbits?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

sure i read somewhere that Timmies have like 80% of the market

Anyway timmies and we dont drink coffee .. Tea and timbits
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
What different flavours do they have in the Timbits?
Chocolate
Sourcream glazed
Oldfashioned
Those empty puffy ones
honey dip
jellly filled
Cherry
the lemony ones

etc...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:48 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by G77
What's their issue with the military?
Allegedly a military person was refused service in one of their outlets because he was in his uniform. This has since been denied by Starbucks.

I don't know 100% for sure if it is correct but thinking along the lines of 'There's no smoke without fire' I'll keep away from them.

Anyway, Timmies Maple Creame doughnuts are such a draw . . . . . . .
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:49 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Chocolate
Sourcream glazed
Oldfashioned
Those empty puffy ones
honey dip
jellly filled
Cherry
the lemony ones

etc...
You forgot Cinnamon

I take it back...you did add etc...sorry
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
You forgot Cinnamon

I take it back...you did add etc...sorry
Arent they the "old fashioned"? dry and dusty....

Thats just some of them anyway, they seem to rotate available types around here, but chocolate and sour creme glazed are my two favourites when I indulge.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Chocolate
Sourcream glazed
Oldfashioned
Those empty puffy ones
honey dip
jellly filled
Cherry
the lemony ones

etc...
Yum!! Do they do maple or cinnamon?? Love maple!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:53 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Arent they the "old fashioned"? dry and dusty....
I thought the old fashioned were plain?, i could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I thought the old fashioned were plain?, i could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time
Could be...

They always seem sort of hard and crusty to me and have a sort of spicy taste

However, I have not yet met a tim bit I didnt like
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marcustandy
Allegedly a military person was refused service in one of their outlets because he was in his uniform. This has since been denied by Starbucks.

I don't know 100% for sure if it is correct but thinking along the lines of 'There's no smoke without fire' I'll keep away from them.
No it's not correct.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:57 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Could be...

They always seem sort of hard and crusty to me and have a sort of spicy taste

However, I have not yet met a tim bit I didnt like
I don't like the jam filled ones....that about it, the rest i consider a food group

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.