Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tickets Booked 19th October

Tickets Booked 19th October

Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all
Default Tickets Booked 19th October

Hi all ,

Me again ! Have finally booked our tickets for our Recce for October 19th - 27th . Staying around Calgary for first few days then driving to Saskatoon for interview .

Any one know how long it will take to drive please ? Trying to get OH to fly to Saskatoon but he wont but im working on that one !Also what attire should my OH wear for his interview its with Seimans ??? Busy looking at accomadtion now in Saskatoon , its all very exciting especially as will be going WITHOUT our two children , Itll be like a honeymoon we never had without the you know what cos we will be totally shattered !!

Anyone else flying from Manchester 19th October ?? Oh yes what will the weather be like by then do i need to buy some long jons(nice)

Thanks
Debbie
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tickets Booked 19th October

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi all ,

Me again ! Have finally booked our tickets for our Recce for October 19th - 27th . Staying around Calgary for first few days then driving to Saskatoon for interview .

Any one know how long it will take to drive please ? Trying to get OH to fly to Saskatoon but he wont but im working on that one !Also what attire should my OH wear for his interview its with Seimans ??? Busy looking at accomadtion now in Saskatoon , its all very exciting especially as will be going WITHOUT our two children , Itll be like a honeymoon we never had without the you know what cos we will be totally shattered !!

Anyone else flying from Manchester 19th October ?? Oh yes what will the weather be like by then do i need to buy some long jons(nice)

Thanks
Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Google Maps is saying 616km and 7.5hrs.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en...e=UTF8&t=h&z=7
Have never done the drive but maybe factor in some rest time and you might be talking 9 hours. One would imagine it was approx an hour's flight but when you factor in check in times and waiting for bags, etc, etc, it might not be quite such a huge time difference.

Re the interview, others will be more expert but smart casual might be the thing.

Re the weather, who knows! Last year, it first snowed around Calgary on 24th October...on a day that had been beautifully sunny and 84°F!
http://janandeam.blogspot.com/2007/1...s-falling.html
http://janandeam.blogspot.com/2007/1...aftermath.html
Certainly want warm clothing (layers) for the evenings and possibly the daytime depending, but all being well, we wont be talking seriously large minus numbers at that point! In any event, even down to, say -10, a couple of layers and a jacket and jeans kept us pretty warm...the dry atmosphere seems to make much colder temps bearable compared to the UK.

Hope you have a fabulous trip.

Eamonn & Janet.

Last edited by Getting There; Aug 8th 2008 at 3:27 pm. Reason: Added weather info.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:31 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all ,

Thanks
Debbie
WestJet flies direct to Saskatoon from Calgary and they have "seat sales" at the moment for October $79 plus taxes, etc one way. Would probably work out at about $300 return per person. It only takes an hour and if time is short for you it might be less stressful than driving particularly as your hubby has an interview to fit in as well.

Weather in October? Last year MIL was here and we spent most of our time outside - can't remember it being cold enough for long johns

Good luck with your plans! J
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Thanks for that will ceratinly look at flights to Saskatoon , could we hire a car form Saskatoon airport for the duration of our stay there ??

I would rather fly there than spend almost 2 days on the road getting there and back , especailly as only there 7 days .

Watch this space .... Will cook him a nice dinner and butter him up ha ha

Thanks again

Debbie
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:00 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that will ceratinly look at flights to Saskatoon , could we hire a car form Saskatoon airport for the duration of our stay there ??

I would rather fly there than spend almost 2 days on the road getting there and back , especailly as only there 7 days .

Watch this space .... Will cook him a nice dinner and butter him up ha ha

Thanks again

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Let me offer an alternative view\idea. By driving you appreciate the VAST distances and areas of 'nothing' in the praries. It was certainly a factor that influenced our decision to live in Calgary as opposed to Edmonton\Regina\Saskatoon.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:27 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie

Just wanted to wish you a great trip