Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Windsor, ON

Thoughts on Windsor, ON

Old Aug 24th 2018, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

aws0002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thoughts on Windsor, ON

If I figure out how I'm getting to Canada I was thinking about settling in Windsor Ontario. I like the proximity to the USA as I have a few friends that stay in Michigan. It's also cheaper to live there than in Toronto. I found this article from 2016 that doesn't paint it in a very good light. What are everyone's thoughts on Windsor? I know I should read the article with a pinch of salt but is any of it a realistic characterisation of the place?
Old Aug 26th 2018, 2:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Re: Thoughts on Windsor, ON

Originally Posted by aws0002
If I figure out how I'm getting to Canada I was thinking about settling in Windsor Ontario. I like the proximity to the USA as I have a few friends that stay in Michigan. It's also cheaper to live there than in Toronto. I found this article from 2016 that doesn't paint it in a very good light. What are everyone's thoughts on Windsor? I know I should read the article with a pinch of salt but is any of it a realistic characterisation of the place?
I would suggest as with anywhere else visiting Windsor and a few other places to get a feel for yourself. I am moving to Windsor next week. Having close proximity to Detroit is a huge draw for me as you have access to the big city stuff and cheap US flights. Its an easy drive to Chicago and Toronto. Windsor is a typical mid sized blue collar town. Its main industries are automotive related. You dont move to Windsor for the architecture but the same can be said for a lot of other cities in North America.