Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For those of you in Canada....

View Poll Results: Are you staying here for X-Mas, going home or something else?
Remaining in Canada
88.54%
Back to Blighty
4.17%
South of the Border
5.21%
Somewhere Else
2.08%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

For those of you in Canada....

Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those of you in Canada....

Here at home on Vancouver Island and we are hoping for a White Christmas
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:15 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Staying here - it's my home, even if I'm not a citizen.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:04 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
I aint going nowhere - I just got here!
same here rob welcome to canada
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:32 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Here at home on Vancouver Island and we are hoping for a White Christmas
You want more?!!!! are you ?
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:22 am
Just Joined

andymck2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: For those of you in Canada....

would love to spend xmas in Canada as i miss my kids so much there in Okotoks,Calgary so so much
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:20 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Canada is home.

I'm dividing Xmas between Ste-Catherine-De-La-Jacques-Cartier and the Dominican Republic.
How's this for something exotic.......I'll be spending christmas in Africa....Angola to be precise . Bummer.......but got to earn money to pay ludricous taxes in Nova Scotia somewhere..........:curse:
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:45 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo4
I assume all who consider Canada 'home' are citizens of this fine country?
a) it's often foolish to make assumptions

b) have you never heard the expression "Home is where the heart is"? ... or possibly "... where the hearth is!"

We are "Permanent Residents" of Canada. We plan to apply for citizenship in due course. My OH went back to UK to visit family and friends this year .... he felt like a "visitor" there, and could not wait to get back HOME to Canada.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:16 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
a) it's often foolish to make assumptions

b) have you never heard the expression "Home is where the heart is"? ... or possibly "... where the hearth is!"

We are "Permanent Residents" of Canada. We plan to apply for citizenship in due course. My OH went back to UK to visit family and friends this year .... he felt like a "visitor" there, and could not wait to get back HOME to Canada.
Or is Canada "home" only until you start getting home sick and miss M&S enough to eventually return with your tail between your legs to a chorus of "I told you so's" from friends and family?

muu-ah-ahha-hhaa.

I should have perhaps made the Poll: "Are you planning to spend Christmas in Canada or are you returning to the country of your birth?"
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

antler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant future

We will fly to Salt Lake City, to spend 2 weeks in Lindon Utah with our oldest son's family, 6 kids from ages 5 to 18, We have 3 kids and 13 grand kids, they compete to have us for holidays. It makes us feel all warm and fuzzy.,
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:32 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antler
We will fly to Salt Lake City, to spend 2 weeks in Lindon Utah with our oldest son's family, 6 kids from ages 5 to 18, We have 3 kids and 13 grand kids, they compete to have us for holidays. It makes us feel all warm and fuzzy.,
I travel down to Utah from time to time on business.

Is he LDS per chance? Beautiful part of the States.

Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

antler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant future

[B]Very much so, in the Lindon 7th Ward, 1st counselor. . Dave Sherwin. /B]
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:06 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by antler
[B]Very much so, in the Lindon 7th Ward, 1st counselor. . Dave Sherwin. /B]
I do business in Provo and Salt Lake City. My contacts down there are probably 99% LDS. Good people.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:11 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo4
Or is Canada "home" only until you start getting home sick and miss M&S enough to eventually return with your tail between your legs to a chorus of "I told you so's" from friends and family?

muu-ah-ahha-hhaa.

I should have perhaps made the Poll: "Are you planning to spend Christmas in Canada or are you returning to the country of your birth?"
Sigh.

I don't miss M&S. I wouldn't dream of bothering with trying to get M&S stuff here, I was only advising those who might. I seriously do not miss anything about the UK enough to even complain about!

None of my friends and family suggested that we would get homesick and return. Yes, you could have made the poll re birth country if that's what you meant.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:16 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Sigh.

I don't miss M&S. I wouldn't dream of bothering with trying to get M&S stuff here, I was only advising those who might. I seriously do not miss anything about the UK enough to even complain about!

None of my friends and family suggested that we would get homesick and return. Yes, you could have made the poll re birth country if that's what you meant.
Don't cry. Just having a joke.

Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

MatInKamloops is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my 5th Xmas in Canada, we're heading back to the craziness of Calgary for nearly two weeks, and visiting friends in Strathmore and Drumheller. Spending a few days in Waterton National Park, off to the Flames game on New Years Eve.......then back to Fruitloops on the 2nd! Busy, busy, busy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.