Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thoroughly disullusioned - BC (not for minors)

Thoroughly disullusioned - BC (not for minors)

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:46 am
Banned

Hunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to all
Default Re: Thoroughly disullusioned - BC (not for minors)

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
No not clear. As far as I am aware Metis is not limited to a child with half 'aboriginal' blood half 'european' blood therefore the child of anyone claiming metis heritage is automatically Metis.
Sort of but not necessarily. It's hard to define who exactly is Metis. My father would be recognized as Metis by the Canadian gov't as having "status" I wouldn't definitely. They decide on a case by case basis, the problem is that at what % of European blood do you stop calling someone Metis and start calling them white.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:47 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
By like 80 years. That hardly makes them Aboriginal.

NO NO NO
My point is Metis are NOT aboriginal by virtue of the fact that they are predated by a recognised racial group who are also not aboriginal.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:47 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

What history have been reading????
The acadians were deported to the US!!!!
A lot of Acadians were sent back to France and London and to other British colonies.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:48 am
Banned

Hunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Yes, that's more clear, but why not just say that you are 1/4 Native?

BTW, Canada belongs to the citizens of Canada - plain and simple.
Is that not exactly what I said?!?!?
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

What history have been reading????
The acadians were deported to the US!!!!
Yes, some went to the US (I said other places in addition to France), but many were sent to France.... on very leaky boats... some of which sank on the way.

.... and BTW... I have a rather good knowledge of Canadian history - you should be so lucky.

BTW, Canada belongs to the citizens of Canada - plain and simple.
No it doesn't, it belongs to huge multi-national conglomerations.
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hunterau
Sort of but not necessarily. It's hard to define who exactly is Metis. My father would be recognized as Metis by the Canadian gov't as having "status" I wouldn't definitely. They decide on a case by case basis, the problem is that at what % of European blood do you stop calling someone Metis and start calling them white.
You mean like when does the child of a 'black' parent become white?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:50 am
Banned

A lot of Acadians were sent back to France and London and to other British colonies.
OK I'll stand corrected (by you )
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by dingbat
HWP why on earth are you up this late???
Late? I'm such an early bird I get mistaken for a night owl. I've been up for nearly two hours!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:53 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Late? I'm such an early bird I get mistaken for a night owl. I've been up for nearly two hours!
Lol..I should go to bed. It's going to be a scorcher tomorrow and I have a day off to clean carpets. Insane.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:54 am
Banned

You mean like when does the child of a 'black' parent become white?
I guess... It would be difficult for me to assume 'status' because I have a white mother, though technically I should be eligible. So where do you draw the line? The Canadian gov't has been grappling with this for many years and I doubt we'll solve it on BE!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:56 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Everyone wants to be considered Metis when they are caught poaching game.

Just kidding.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:57 am
Banned

I guess... It would be difficult for me to assume 'status' because I have a white mother, though technically I should be eligible. So where do you draw the line? The Canadian gov't has been grappling with this for many years and I doubt we'll solve it on BE!
isn't it 1/16th blood of signatories to the red river treaty?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:58 am
Banned

Everyone wants to be considered Metis when they are caught poaching game.

Just kidding.
No Comment
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:58 am
mañana is my busiest day

No it doesn't, it belongs to huge multi-national conglomerations.
After they bought it from Canadians.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.