Thomas Cook

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thomas Cook

Does anyone know anything about crappy affair dropping Thomas Cook flights?
My Mum was going to book for my brother and niece to come over next Easter, but only Air Transat flights seem to be on the website.
A friends FIL heard on a TC flight to LGW the other week, that they are going under?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thomas Cook

The flights to Halifax are shared between TC and Air Transat depending on the time of year so maybe TC drew the short straw?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
My Mum was going to book for my brother and niece to come over next Easter, but only Air Transat flights seem to be on the website.
A friends FIL heard on a TC flight to LGW the other week, that they are going under?
Canadian affair are dropping Thomas Cook from this year.

The captain made an announcement on my parents flight back in May.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Thomas Cook's share price has taken a beating and as a result they are restructuring the company. They still have a high valuation however and are nowhere near bankcruptcy (yet).
Old Sep 24th 2011, 11:26 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
Thomas Cook's share price has taken a beating and as a result they are restructuring the company. They still have a high valuation however and are nowhere near bankcruptcy (yet).
Dollars to Donuts a whole bunch of travellers can anticipate being stranded soon when the airline ceases operation. It's happened many times in the past.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Dollars to Donuts a whole bunch of travellers can anticipate being stranded soon when the airline ceases operation. It's happened many times in the past.
Well on the one hand it would be great if that was before wednesday as Mum would be stuck in Canada!!! On the other hand, it would mean a lovely couple who come out on saturday for two weeks, wouldnt make it out!!!

Thanks for the info guys!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

familyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nice

had to have a little giggle at that

On another note I hope all manage to get to their destinations without hassle I do hope they are not going bust I do have a holiday booked with them next may
Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

matt_t is on a distinguished road

While looking for flights during the summer I found that Aircanada was cheaper than airtransat! I got completely screwed over last xmas by airtransat, they changed my flight details in the last week to fly from manchester, to gatwick and then to Vancouver. I thought I had paid for a "direct" flight. Plus to accomodate this they made my check in time 3 hours early so people flying from gatwick could have the original flight time. On top of that the snow hit london really bad but there was no snow or disruptions in manchester. Despite this they still flew to gatwick and caused me 6 hours in delays, the whole time being sat in a seat designed for a person without legs.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice

We are going with BA this time. They were cheaper than any of the other airlines. Check them out, you might be surprised, I know I was.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
In one year, their share price has dropped from over 2 pounds to around 36 pence so unless they pull something out of the hat, you may well be right.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnh009
In one year, their share price has dropped from over 2 pounds to around 36 pence so unless they pull something out of the hat, you may well be right.
Don't forget that at the moment the majority of shares are dropping in value. If their share price was the only one taking a dive then there would be more to worry about, but it could just be reflecting market conditions. Admittedly, I say that without looking up the share history, but there's logic in there.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Don't forget that at the moment the majority of shares are dropping in value. If their share price was the only one taking a dive then there would be more to worry about, but it could just be reflecting market conditions. Admittedly, I say that without looking up the share history, but there's logic in there.
Here is the 5 year chart. Probably worse than most despite current conditions.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=T...=on&z=l&q=l&c=