Reload this Page >

Thinking about Canada

Thinking about Canada

Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

LilHobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking about Canada

Hi

Myself and my partner (and our daughter) are thinking about making the move to Canada. I am currently training to be a midwife and know that in order to use my qualification over there will have to do some further study. If anyone can give me any help and advice about this I'd be really grateful.

My partner is currently an IT support worker with over 10 years of experience in this field but with no formal qualifications - is this likely to be a hinderance when looking for jobs?

We'd be looking to relocate to British Columbia as we have family over there who we are going to contact in order to get a feel for the area and obviously to pick their brains as much as possible!

This is really just a few preliminary enquiries for starters and I'd love it if you can give me any insights/advice etc.

PS - and this may sound really stupid, but would the fact that myself and my partner are not married hinder any kind of visa application?

Thanks
xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking about Canada

Originally Posted by LilHobo
Hi

Myself and my partner (and our daughter) are thinking about making the move to Canada. I am currently training to be a midwife and know that in order to use my qualification over there will have to do some further study. If anyone can give me any help and advice about this I'd be really grateful.

My partner is currently an IT support worker with over 10 years of experience in this field but with no formal qualifications - is this likely to be a hinderance when looking for jobs?

We'd be looking to relocate to British Columbia as we have family over there who we are going to contact in order to get a feel for the area and obviously to pick their brains as much as possible!

This is really just a few preliminary enquiries for starters and I'd love it if you can give me any insights/advice etc.

PS - and this may sound really stupid, but would the fact that myself and my partner are not married hinder any kind of visa application?

Thanks
xx
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=midwife

Welcome! Three are lots of midwives on here....have a read...........
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:51 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LilHobo
I don't know about the rest, but as long as you have been living together for over a year this is not an issue.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

LilHobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. I still have around 16 months before I finish my studies but I want to be armed with as much info as possible. As we have family living in Canada is it worth contacting them with regards to looking for jobs for my partner. They are very well connected and thought of in their field so if it is a case of who you know then we might be in business there

Would it be possible for us to go over there on a study permit for me to complete my studies? Having looked into it briefly I'm not sure as I obviously wouldn't be able to demonstrate that I would leave Canada on completion of it - why ekse would I undertake a conversion course in order to practice midwifery in Canada?