Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Things you would have brought to Canada if you could do over!

Things you would have brought to Canada if you could do over!

Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:13 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you would have brought to Canada if you could do over!

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
So do Canadian women have crotches built like brillo pads? If not, how to they cope?
I wouldn't know.............

They cope with what they're used to I suppose, as do Brit ladies.............
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:26 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
So do Canadian women have crotches built like brillo pads? If not, how to they cope?
Maybe they go Commando?

On the positive side, cleaning the barbecue would be a lot more fun....
Old Feb 9th 2012, 10:18 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Maybe they go Commando?

On the positive side, cleaning the barbecue would be a lot more fun....
Brings a whole new meaning to the the statement Ginge Minge when replaced with Singe Minge
Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you mean thongs?
Well, as long as they fit in with the other criteria mentioned in my post, then yes!

Of course, showing said undergarment to the world with low-cut jeans is something that only hookers should do!
Oh yeah, that and boys wearing jeans around their arse - aka "the death row look" - are my pet peeves. Thanks so much for the clarification.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:03 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds funny, but if I could just 'pop' back and pick up some things I would have brought some decent loo cleaner.
In the UK I had some fantastic stuff which was like a gel that you squeeze onto the inside of the bowl and it cleans and disinfects the loo when it flushes without any of those nasty hanging basket things.
They have loo blocks here (the old blue ones we used to use in the UK) but they are rubbish by comparison and dissolve too quickly!
http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/Prod...aning-gel.aspx
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:17 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK I had some fantastic stuff which was like a gel that you squeeze onto the inside of the bowl and it cleans and disinfects the loo when it flushes without any of those nasty hanging basket things.
I suggest you try toilet paper.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I suggest you try toilet paper.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:20 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to have brought more money.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Does the SA shop in TO ship? there is a SA butcher here in Oakville "Florence Meats" sells billtong etc they may ship .
I think they do. We go to "Sedo Snax" in Thornhill (John street) and I think the get their Biltong and droewors from Florence Meats.

Once every 3 months we will make a day trip to Toronto to get some SA goodies, because I want to go to the SA shop, hubby and wants to go to the Apple store and my son wants to go to the Lego store....lol
and of course a late lunch at Nando's.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:56 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mizz Teapot
I think they do. We go to "Sedo Snax" in Thornhill (John street) and I think the get their Biltong and droewors from Florence Meats.

Once every 3 months we will make a day trip to Toronto to get some SA goodies, because I want to go to the SA shop, hubby and wants to go to the Apple store and my son wants to go to the Lego store....lol
and of course a late lunch at Nando's.
You have just reminded me - a decent stainless steel teapot!!!
I managed to find one here that will do but it isn't a patch on my old one at home.
I don't seem to be able to get anything here but coffee pots (which are tall and straight-sided; totally the wrong shape for tea brewing), novelty shaped ones or very occasionally ones which look nearly there but have the dribbliest spout!!

That's me sorted for what I am bringing back, then - a large stainless steel teapot stuffed with knickers!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Marmite! Luckily I'm going back next week for 7 days so shall hide some in my suitcase!!!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Marmite! Luckily I'm going back next week for 7 days so shall hide some in my suitcase!!!
You can't buy that in the grocery stores where you are?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
You can't buy that in the grocery stores where you are?
Not in Yarmouth, NS sadly. I'm 3 1/2 hours from a proper town/city so have never had an opportunity to look.
So you mean it's available here? Is that in Brit stores or generally?
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sobeys and Superstore both have it here. It's $3.99 for the titchy jar.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:38 am

Not in Yarmouth, NS sadly. I'm 3 1/2 hours from a proper town/city so have never had an opportunity to look.
Yeah, like Bristol says. Have a look around your grocery stores..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.