Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ARE THERE MONEY SAVING COMPARISON WEBSITES IN CANADA?

ARE THERE MONEY SAVING COMPARISON WEBSITES IN CANADA?

Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future
Default ARE THERE MONEY SAVING COMPARISON WEBSITES IN CANADA?

I regularly use these type of websites especially after the £££££££ i have saved via www.moneysavingexpert.com. Just secured a great house insurance deal with £50 cashback (see www.quidco.com). Does Canada have similar systems in place where we can get the best deal and not get screwed??
Old Sep 25th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future
Default Re: ARE THERE MONEY SAVING COMPARISON WEBSITES IN CANADA?

Cos if there isn't there should be!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

joe.bloggs is an unknown quantity at this point

the best site around ...

www.redflagdeals.com
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joe.bloggs
the best site around ...

www.redflagdeals.com
seems a good site but what about comparing telecoms, insurances etc?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by keefrto
seems a good site but what about comparing telecoms, insurances etc?
I have been looking for the same thing myself! I actually posted a note on mse months ago asking for something similar or an international franchise. I was an mse addict and bought nothing without asking there first.

If I knew how I would start the website myself - it would be a sure bet!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: ARE THERE MONEY SAVING COMPARISON WEBSITES IN CANADA?

In fact thats a very good website. I have looked at primus telecom in the uk and have a good deal with them and bt. They do their own comparison on their canadian website for bundled bb and homephone so I am keen to have a wee look around at whats available.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TownieGirl
I have been looking for the same thing myself! I actually posted a note on mse months ago asking for something similar or an international franchise. I was an mse addict and bought nothing without asking there first.

If I knew how I would start the website myself - it would be a sure bet!
right then, lets get it started our selves then!!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

kinda thing i just got with my house insurance = £258 both building and contents, then voila cashback website -£50 = sum payable £208 kerching!!!
But only got that far by using MSE and comparison websites. Mebbe we should give Martin a shout and ask to set up a WWW.mapleleafsavingexpert.com?? You saw it here first and I claim copyright.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

I am tempted! If I was more technical I would be there. Seriously though - it would make a great franchise don't you think?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

I am there with you as without the knowledge gained over the past few years I would have been coughing up loads. I have changed 15 people over from BT to a better saving with other companies and one person has even saved £300 in the past 6 months with her phone bill. I might just email Martin. Is there not a desire to save cash over with you guy's?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

I wonder if it is worth starting a new thread on mse linking to expats and asking for a cross over??

Here's the original thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ernational+MSE
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Do it!

I always used them in the UK. When we were looking for travel insurance recently I really wanted something like http://www.moneysupermarket.com but when I posted the question on here someone suggested that I put "Travel Insurance" in Google and then get a quote from all the individual banks etc. that came up.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

good idea, I have already emailed martin to see what he can advise
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TownieGirl
I wonder if it is worth starting a new thread on mse linking to expats and asking for a cross over??

Here's the original thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ernational+MSE
seen your threads and I cannot believe that nothing has been done,mebbe its the scots in me but why should I pay the full price when i can get it for less?? Is it me??
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by live to ski
Do it!

I always used them in the UK. When we were looking for travel insurance recently I really wanted something like http://www.moneysupermarket.com but when I posted the question on here someone suggested that I put "Travel Insurance" in Google and then get a quote from all the individual banks etc. that came up.
Bummer and you needed something more useful than that, did you get a good travel deal in the end?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.