Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

There is a crisis in the UK today !!!!!

Wikiposts

There is a crisis in the UK today !!!!!

Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:12 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation There is a crisis in the UK today !!!!!

From Auntie Beeb Inc:

"Snow falls across much of the UK

Wintry weather conditions are expected in much of the UK. Snow has fallen across much of the UK overnight, with forecasters warning that there is likely to be more later.

Up to 8cm (3in) of snow is likely to fall in parts of southern England on Sunday, according to BBC weather forecaster Chris Fawkes.
But the snow was expected to clear in this part of the country later".

"Millions of Brits wrapped up in their fake Burberry scarves to brace the chilling -2 temperatures".

Discuss the weather...

R.

Last edited by Rich_007; Apr 6th 2008 at 4:48 am.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:18 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is a crisis in the UK today !!!!!

Still snowing now - it's a national emergency
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

UKangel is on a distinguished road

Spoke to a Friend in Kent, it was -2 this morning and 2 cm had fallen. The troops are on their way.

Do not leave you house unless your journey is essential
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

The Hampsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKangel
Spoke to a Friend in Kent, it was -2 this morning and 2 cm had fallen. The troops are on their way.

Do not leave you house unless your journey is essential
We were snowed in this morning in Runcorn between 08:20 when I woke up until 08:21.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:48 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Me and the fam have already been down to the supermarket panic buying water and tinned goods. I suggest compatriots do the same, the shelves are emptying fast.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:52 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

too funny
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:58 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
Me and the fam have already been down to the supermarket panic buying water and tinned goods. I suggest compatriots do the same, the shelves are emptying fast.
Did the Ministry of Public Safety and Order Enforcement authorise your purchase?

"We know where you live"

R.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:03 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

i thought about this whilst working yesterday. virtual whiteout at times, not that cold, only dropped to around -3 i think, but at least 9" fell in maybe 6 hours. i was amazed that not only were there just a few collisions, but that life carried on. no real big deal or complaints. still lots of people around the shops. cars on the roads. all my colleagues were in work. kids played out. on my drive home at the end of the day, all the highways were clear, and there was not an abandoned vehicle or closed road in site.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:14 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by rae
... there was not an abandoned vehicle or closed road in site.
Not even a Ford F150 ?

R.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

UKangel is on a distinguished road

What do you mean WINDWARD, if people leave their houses there could be such a thing as ice. Shame on you, that is inviting possible incidents on the pavement and even the road.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:20 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
i thought about this whilst working yesterday. virtual whiteout at times, not that cold, only dropped to around -3 i think, but at least 9" fell in maybe 6 hours. i was amazed that not only were there just a few collisions, but that life carried on. no real big deal or complaints. still lots of people around the shops. cars on the roads. all my colleagues were in work. kids played out. on my drive home at the end of the day, all the highways were clear, and there was not an abandoned vehicle or closed road in site.

that's pretty good going actually
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:20 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Not even a Ford F150 ?

R.
no really, not even a stolen one, not even.....a mustang!!!. I KNOW
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:23 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Juswus
that's pretty good going actually
yep, i suppose life in Edmonton is simply geared for it, i know it costs a fortune in the budget, millions of $ each year, and there it the problem, would an english council spend money on something so trivial as road clearing when they clearly need to invest in the outer mongolian support and outreach society for disadvantaged pigmies shelter/leisure area/basket weaving club.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:49 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by rae
...they clearly need to invest in the outer mongolian support and outreach society for disadvantaged pigmies shelter/leisure area/basket weaving club.
It was transgendered underwater Peruvian peasant basketweaving, actually.

R.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:52 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

well I say bring back the snow, at least the road was even, I don`t know how much more my old van can take of all these pot holes - I might even have to buy a truck just to get by

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.