Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?

Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:28 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?

Originally Posted by iaink
He wouldnt relocate for you
You nana the question was "if YOU left Canada".

But yes he would - even if it meant leaving behind his wonderful, huge, very close family and son, the acreage of his dreams, a job he loves etc etc.

We've had the discussion that if the worst came to the worst then absolutely we would BOTH go back to the UK.

When you love someone and they love ya right back - there's nothing that either of you wouldn't do for each other
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
When you love someone and they love ya right back - there's nothing that either of you wouldn't do for each other
.... I should have you talk to my wife about a few things

Ooops, out loud voice
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:33 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter, the OH, the internet and this website
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:36 pm
AD74

Andrew74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcdavis
It seems like everyone misses something from the UK, be it Bisto, Cadburys, or M&S. Just wondered if there is anything you've got really attached to in Canada that you would miss if you left?
Cheaper fuel!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:37 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

All dressed and ketchup flavoured crisps.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

mcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Oink
A sense of intellectual superiority.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

My friends that I have made here, Root Beer, Gingle Ale, Cheeze Whiz, Affordable eating out, good customer service, Open Space, The feeling of being a part of something, Scenery, the achievement of actually moving to and living in Canada, Peach Slices Candy, fast responding emergency services, and lots lots more awesome stuff.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:02 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

The feeling of living in 1976
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Wasnt that the heat wave summer of my youth? Not getting that feeling this year!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcdavis
It seems like everyone misses something from the UK, be it Bisto, Cadburys, or M&S. Just wondered if there is anything you've got really attached to in Canada that you would miss if you left?
I'd miss the scenery.
Attached Thumbnails Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?-canadian_rockies_pic.jpg  
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:28 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

My friends
My job
The friendliness of everyone
Brilliant community spirit and loads of local events
Weather
Abundance of cheap seafood and red meat
Cheap fuel
My house and pool
Hockey
Snow tires and snow blower
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:38 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Wasnt that the heat wave summer of my youth? Not getting that feeling this year!
OMG, that makes us a very similar age, then.
Reading your other posts, I had assumed you were older.........

If it is like anything like 1976, I am straight over there
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:07 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookie
My friends
My job
The friendliness of everyone
Brilliant community spirit and loads of local events
Weather
Abundance of cheap seafood and red meat
Cheap fuel
My house and pool
Hockey
Snow tires and snow blower
Oh I want all of the above!!!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and Kids - all "cradles" to use the parlance on here.
40 minute drive to our favourite campground
Camping in campgrounds with great showers and toilets
hunting
the community lake
bbq
Alberta Beef
space
clear night ski
my friends
Ice cold Keiths with frosted glasses at the local, and my favourite Aussie waitress.
Road trips
Motorbike rides on empty roads
developed basement
not being judged (subtly "placed") according to my accent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.