Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Are there any British lawyers on here?

Are there any British lawyers on here?

Old Mar 6th 2015, 5:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any British lawyers on here?

Originally Posted by Edo
Does anyone know of an employment lawyer in/from the UK that they have personally dealt with or know someone who can recommend one? I could also do with a website recommendation that lists employment lawyers with some sort of rating as that is my only way to find a good lawyer since I am not in the UK myself right now.

Thanks a lot.
I found a few websites that give ratings:

Good Lawyer Guide - the independent guide to solicitors and lawyers in England and Wales.
https://www.ratedsolicitors.com/
Home | Legally Better
Find a solicitor, Compare Client Reviews and Solicitors Ratings
Avoiding Bad Solicitors - Choosing & Using...

What about a fixed fee scenario?

Fixed Fee Employment Advice

Old Mar 10th 2015, 1:57 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much Siouxie

Does anyone know whats the time limit on taking your dispute to court in the UK?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:20 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Thank you so much Siouxie

Does anyone know whats the time limit on taking your dispute to court in the UK?
What is meant by limitation periods under UK law and when will this come into play?

Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:31 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Siouxie. Really appreciate that.

I was just asking cuz I found a lawyer on the internet and she said the tribunal wont accept my case because it has been over the time limit which according to her was only 3 months? But that link says something totally different so that's great. I will just look for another lawyer.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Thanks a lot Siouxie. Really appreciate that.

I was just asking cuz I found a lawyer on the internet and she said the tribunal wont accept my case because it has been over the time limit which according to her was only 3 months? But that link says something totally different so that's great. I will just look for another lawyer.
What she said was correct, a little googling turned this up: Employment Tribunals

Limitation periods apply pursuant to the Limitation Act unless there is legislation that says otherwise.

From memory, one had to bring an Application within 1 year. I could be wrong on that and it could have changed since I left England.