Temp Accommodation - Regina

Temp Accommodation - Regina

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 7:12 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road
Default Temp Accommodation - Regina

Hi,

Looks like there is a job offer on the way which will entail moving to Regina. Having been over there last week for the interview etc.. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the place is, especially after negative comments on recent posts!

Anyway we will need at least a two bed place for min 3-6 months whilst looking to buy... CAn anybody help? My son has decided to go to Winston Knoll Collegiate in the North West so that are is our preference.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

stubby42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temp Accommodation - Regina

Well I wish you the best of luck, I was out in Regina three days ago catching up with old friends, apparently rental accommodation is at a 96% occupancy rate right now so finding anything is almost impossible.

My advice would be to not be picky and be prepared for a commute, reginas a small city, the longest drive is about 30 minutes and from what you've said its more important that you find a place.

http://www.usedregina.com/classified...estate-rentals

used regina is a good place to start, other than that just google rental properties regina.

The other option is to look a little further out than regina, Lumsdem is a small town about 30 minutes out from the city but its almost considered a suburb of regina because its so close.

Its always building new properties and has a few rentals out there.

P.S As far as I know winston is a good school, I know a couple of graduates and they liked it.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:36 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look here: http://regina.kijiji.ca/f-housing-ho...l-W0QQCatIdZ43

... but I would suggest you should not try to arrange it in advance of getting here. Rental scams are well-known, and Kijiji/Craigslist are apparently a good source!
Book into a hotel/suite to start with, then check www.Homerent.ca , http://properties.househunting.ca/ho...Regina-SK-CAN/ , Kijiji, Craigslist, local papers etc when you are there and can have a proper look at a place. Certainly do not send money out in advance.

... actually we did exactly that, and had no trouble, but it's not recommended these days!

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Oct 4th 2010 at 5:57 am.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:24 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Boardwalk is one of the major residential property management companies in Regina ...http://www.bwalk.com/rental/Regina/default.asp?lng=EN, there is also this company http://www.webview.ca/cgi-bin/exec/s...g_regency.html. The local paper's online addition www.leaderpost.com. Also in regards to attending Winston Knoll, I have heard from a coworker who lives in the North End of the city that its a bad school for drugs, but she might just have a bad kid, I dunno. Always liked the south end high schools Campbell and the less snobby Sheldon Collegiate. I live in the East end and really like it, I would prefer to live in the South end but thats the next house.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:52 am
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gingnut
Boardwalk is one of the major residential property management companies in Regina ...http://www.bwalk.com/rental/Regina/default.asp?lng=EN, there is also this company http://www.webview.ca/cgi-bin/exec/s...g_regency.html. The local paper's online addition www.leaderpost.com. Also in regards to attending Winston Knoll, I have heard from a coworker who lives in the North End of the city that its a bad school for drugs, but she might just have a bad kid, I dunno. Always liked the south end high schools Campbell and the less snobby Sheldon Collegiate. I live in the East end and really like it, I would prefer to live in the South end but thats the next house.
Thanks for all the information, the search will begin once the job offer has come in and sorted! Whilst we were there last week we went to three schools to take a look around, Thom, Campbell and Winston and Winston is my sons choice based on the programmes they have there, Campbell would have been our next choice but both seem very good, not sure about the drugs comments! All the Teachers were very helpful and showed us round each of the schools and aloud my son to sit in on a class which is what he nased his decision on.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

stubby42 is an unknown quantity at this point

In regards to the drugs question, from what I've heard every school has a population that takes them, I wouldnt be too worried about it as long as your son knows to stay away it shouldnt be a problem.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:25 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stubby42
In regards to the drugs question, from what I've heard every school has a population that takes them, I wouldnt be too worried about it as long as your son knows to stay away it shouldnt be a problem.
I made a point of enquiring at each school we visited about drugs and other issues and was happy with their responses, yes, like all schools there is an issue but it quite small and being dealt with< i also like the fact that there is a police officer based at each school, the one at WKC has been there for some time and knows whats what...