Reload this Page >

Tax Rebate Maximisation Tips

Wikiposts

Tax Rebate Maximisation Tips

Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:23 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: Tax Rebate Maximisation Tips

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Wow, mine is nothing more than straightforward non-resident rental income, all the stuff already being nicely documented and done by the management company and I'm paying CAD 700 to have them done... They must have seen me coming!!!
Except you are in Scotland and paying in Sterling. $700 is roughly GBP300 - trust me - you are getting a good deal! Try asking KPMG or PWC to do it and you could see it nearer GBP2000!

Mrs G

Old Feb 11th 2005, 7:52 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Wow, mine is nothing more than straightforward non-resident rental income, all the stuff already being nicely documented and done by the management company and I'm paying CAD 700 to have them done... They must have seen me coming!!!
Sounds like it .
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Except you are in Scotland and paying in Sterling. $700 is roughly GBP300 - trust me - you are getting a good deal! Try asking KPMG or PWC to do it and you could see it nearer GBP2000!

Mrs G
I'm not paying in sterling, I use a local Calgary firm and pay them in dollars from my dollar account with HSBC. I don't even think they'd take sterling if I tried!

All they do for me is sort out rental-income return. I earn nothing else in Canada. Perhaps I'd better not name them but you might use one of these to find your way home if lost in the mountains. Do you know them? Am I being ripped-off or what?!

Biiiiink

P.S. Just received the stuff to fill in from them by email - it's a bloody Word doc!! For $700 from me each year they should be able to send cross-platform stuff...bah indeed.