Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tatamagouche North Shore Nova Scotia on CBC

Tatamagouche North Shore Nova Scotia on CBC

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice
Default Tatamagouche North Shore Nova Scotia on CBC

http://www.cbc.ca/thewomenwent/episodes.php
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:15 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tatamagouche North Shore Nova Scotia on CBC

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
Watched it last night. Well amusing. Presumably you're the Brit woman?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Not the featured one, chose not to be. Glimpses though.
Great views on there of the area and showing how the place is full of young families living the rural maritime life.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:15 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

i didnt watch all of it . although i am gonna later , lol it looed good though and the town looks lovely xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The OH watched it. She said it was awful. (The programme , not the town).
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Reading the bio's Tatamagouche sure seems Caucausian compared to urban centres in southern Ontario. My other observation is that some of the kids names are going to haunt them in later life.

Was the idea of going somewhere other than a 'spa' ever considered. It does seem rather stereotypical.

I will watch the online version.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
Reading the bio's Tatamagouche sure seems Caucausian compared to urban centres in southern Ontario. My other observation is that some of the kids names are going to haunt them in later life.
That's Nova Scotia and the Maritimes for you. Heck, that's rural Canada for you. If you're seeking a multicultural demographic, that's not it!

Last year on the same programme they featured Hardisty, Alberta. You would have thought it was a different planet compared to how life's lived in Vancouver!

Last edited by Lychee; Jan 22nd 2009 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

riosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the rough

I will watch the online version.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to watch it, am I doing something wrong as it is only ads that come on for me.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:24 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I idly watched bits of it. Tatmagouche certainly looks like a beautiful place. But I came away with the impression that the rural idyll is based on working 4 low wage jobs and living in various degrees of poverty. Whatever floats your boat but not worth immigrating to experience?

Of course they didn't show the recent British Expats living in their mortgage free houses and paid for trucks, telecommuting to their new economy work from home jobs. Probably wouldn't make for such good TV.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
But I came away with the impression that the rural idyll is based on working 4 low wage jobs and living in various degrees of poverty.

Of course they didn't show the recent British Expats living in their mortgage free houses and paid for trucks, telecommuting to their new economy work from home jobs. Probably wouldn't make for such good TV.

Could it not be said that the same may be true for anyone working anywhere who happens to have low paid jobs. I'm sure the big cities have low paid jobs and the people working them may have 2 or 3 jobs just to survive so why would it be different here?

And yes it did show Brits last night, quite a few times. I think the bit about the loo was good TV!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:29 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I idly watched bits of it. Tatmagouche certainly looks like a beautiful place. But I came away with the impression that the rural idyll is based on working 4 low wage jobs and living in various degrees of poverty.
Could said of a lot of rural places in NB too. My cousin lives in such a small place and I often wonder what people do for a living other than teaching ( most of her friends do that ). She spends days and days on the road all over the Province dealing with the reserves. But I do think, what the hell do they rest of the town do to make enough - not including anyone lucky enough to be mortgage free.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:32 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, just watched that.

I'm so out of touch with the UK...couldn't tell what accent he had, is it a Rotherham accent?

I know people from Rotherham. They managed to install a light fitting with selotape (instead of screws). That whole "fork flushes toilet" scene reminded me of them, good times, good people (who make great TV with their practical uses for forks and selotape)...

Originally Posted by deanjp32
I think the bit about the loo was good TV!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Close

Sheffield

It was so funny when his son said "Mum will fix it when she gets home"

We were round the house when footy was on Setanta and the film crew wanted to film us all watching it (brits doing a brit thing) but it was too boring to show on TV.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:08 pm
Nova Scotia

aid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by riosangel
I will watch the online version.

I'm trying to watch it, am I doing something wrong as it is only ads that come on for me.[/QUOTE]

What he/she said
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:12 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aid1970
I'm trying to watch it, am I doing something wrong as it is only ads that come on for me.
What he/she said[/QUOTE]

I watched it earlier and it was ok, but it now says "the content is currently unavailable", through the speakers on my laptop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.