Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A taste of the true vancouver

A taste of the true vancouver

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:52 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

nursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nice
Default Re: A taste of the true vancouver

Famous Croydonians! where to begin..................
kate moss
ian wright, wright,wright.
derren brown{illusionist, magician}
hale and pace
martin clunes[men behaving badly]
roy hudd
dot cotton {eastenders}
david bowie
naomie campbell
JORDON{sums up croydon in a nutshell}
dane bowers
the kray twins?????????{might have to check this out]
edward woodward
gary glitter{before he became a pervert}
dave prowse [darth vader]
rick parfitt [status quo}
and dame peggy ashcroft... hence ashcroft theater fairfields halls
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:58 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

nursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nice

oh and D h lawrence, and louise nurding now rednapp {eternal}
mrs nmyw wanted it known that it was i mr nmyw that posted these threads
gota know where youve come from to know where your going!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

missot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all...

I have been laughing at your threads and even though I'm not from croydon, i wondered if I could please come and join you for dinner on 19th?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:45 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by missot
Hi all...

I have been laughing at your threads and even though I'm not from croydon, i wondered if I could please come and join you for dinner on 19th?
The more the merrier! Mrs Live to ski, is this possible, what will we do with the reservation if we keep attracting more poeple like this!!!!!

Can I be Jordan, by the way, when we are changing our names to famous croydonians
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:47 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by nursemakeyouwell
oh and D h lawrence, and louise nurding now rednapp {eternal}
mrs nmyw wanted it known that it was i mr nmyw that posted these threads
Now I know why I married him, not just a fountain of knowledge, but so wise with it........
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

dane bowers
Rumor has it, Dane went to Trinty - I wonder whether they put that in their propectus!

Missot - thanks for the PM, of course you can come! If I remember rightly from other threads, you will have just arrived on BUANC??? So we're up to 15 now. But I'll confirm number nearer the time.

Very true Mr NMYW. I moved to Manchester as soon as I could. My grandmother - also Sanderstead - was VERY worried about such a move! And my parents still don't know that I lived in Moss Side when I was there. Then a brief stint in the 2nd dodgist neighbourhood in Leeds (Woodhouse), where I hooked up with Mr L2S - a northerner no less!

Whereas you have gone the other extreme - New Addington to Tonbridge!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

The more the merrier! Mrs Live to ski, is this possible, what will we do with the reservation if we keep attracting more poeple like this!!!!!
BTW - Mr L2S are I aren't married, so I'm not actually Mrs L2S, rather Miss / Ms L2S, which probably means that he isn't techincally Mr L2S but never mind.

He goes a bit pale, with a thin film of sweat on his forehead and clammy hands when "wedding" is mentioned. He claims that he does actually want to be married, but it is the thought of the actual wedding at All Saints Church at the top of Sanderstead Hill by the round-about, plus the reception at either Selsdon Park or Addington Palace that puts the fear of God into him!

(I'm an only daughter of an only daughter, so the wedding has been planned by both my mother and grandmother since a week after I was born)
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:05 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by live to ski
BTW - Mr L2S are I aren't married, so I'm not actually Mrs L2S, rather Miss / Ms L2S, which probably means that he isn't techincally Mr L2S but never mind.

He goes a bit pale, with a thin film of sweat on his forehead and clammy hands when "wedding" is mentioned. He claims that he does actually want to be married, but it is the thought of the actual wedding at All Saints Church at the top of Sanderstead Hill by the round-about, plus the reception at either Selsdon Park or Addington Palace that puts the fear of God into him!

(I'm an only daughter of an only daughter, so the wedding has been planned by both my mother and grandmother since a week after I was born)
your problem is you're thinking too up market! a real croydon gal would get married in Croydon registry office, and have the reception at the blue orchid. (still a really classy joint!) You can, sadly, no longer have your reception at the highly sought after venue of New Addington's finest - the cunningham, as it is no more!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by missot
Hi all...

I forgot to ask...where are you from Missot?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm cringing at the thought. I would need to be at leat 8 months pregnant, still having a white wedding at a registry office, with my 3 illigimate children form 3 or 4 different fathers some of which were previous relationships others weren't (the father of one child is still unknown hence the 3 or 4 option!) being bridesmaids and pageboys.

Oh the good old Blue Orchid. I have rather hazy memories of GCSE results night in there in 1997.

Still beats the Metropole in Purley for class. Those were the days when I went to the under 18's night there on a Wednesday, and over 18's on a Friday! I've heard that it is now a Fitness First.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:04 am
trust me - I'm a nurse

I'm cringing at the thought. I would need to be at leat 8 months pregnant, still having a white wedding at a registry office, with my 3 illigimate children form 3 or 4 different fathers some of which were previous relationships others weren't (the father of one child is still unknown hence the 3 or 4 option!) being bridesmaids and pageboys.

Oh the good old Blue Orchid. I have rather hazy memories of GCSE results night in there in 1997.

Still beats the Metropole in Purley for class. Those were the days when I went to the under 18's night there on a Wednesday, and over 18's on a Friday! I've heard that it is now a Fitness First.
Ah such fond memories! You wouldn't want to go there now without a body guard!!

I have just realised how far from the original thread we have come It is no longer a "true taste of vancouver", but now "a true taste of croydon"!!!!

Vancouver is now all the richer from having inherited some saaaarf london!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

missot is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot to ask...where are you from Missot?
hey live to ski - cheers for that - i'll look forward to meeting you all You're right, I arrive on wednesday 17th Oct on BUNAC. I'm Hertfordshire born and bred but live in Northampton at the mo (not for much longer, hey?!)
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:28 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nursemakeyouwell
Vancouver is now all the richer from having inherited some saaaarf london!
True enough, but can we please leave the Blue Orchid back in Croydon.

Please.

Pretty please.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok, I'll book a table in the name of Basil and Sybil Faulty for 12 for 6.30pm.

That is:
4 x NMYW (arm depending)
2 x Live to Ski
1 x JonBoyE
1 x RobSki
4 x Mayfly

Also, I'm going to change location to the Whitespot on W Georgia and Cardero (just over the Lions Gate Bridge on the edge of Stanley Park) as they have a nice big parking lot, whereas round Drake it can be a bit of a hassle and may require on-street parking, plus Mr Live2Ski thinks this is a nicer one as it isn't a hotel affiliated one.

Let me know by 12 noon that Friday if numbers change and I'll alter the reservation accordingly.
OK Croydonians.

We are nearly there. I have just come across another family of 4 on Brits2Vancouver who want to come so just waiting for them to confirm.

If I don't hear back from anyone saying that they can't now come (or are prefering to have meatballs at Ikea to reminise about the Purley Way) I'll confirm our table with Whitespot tomorrow (Friday 19th) at 12 noon.

So Basil and Sybil Fawlty are expecting:

4 x NMYW
2 x Live to Ski
1 x JonBoyE
1 x RobSki
4 x Mayfly
1 x missot
2 x TWs for a quick drink
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Mayfly is an unknown quantity at this point

We wont be able to make it. There arent enough hours in the day for all the stuff we have to organise after just landing. Hopefully we will make the next one.
Mayfly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.