Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A taste of the true vancouver

A taste of the true vancouver

Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of
Default Re: A taste of the true vancouver

Can we come too? We arrive on the 15th and would be well up for meeting other brits.

We actually have tix for the reader and writers festival that night so may only be able to make it for a quick hello!

Just as an FYI to all you footie fans we just booked tix to see Beckham and LA Galaxy play the Whitecaps and it was surprisingly cheap!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Hey The TWs. How many of you are there? If it is just 2, I may not bother with a reservation for you if you aren't eatting and you can just pull up a couple of bar stools before you have to shoot off.

There is a seperate room at the Whitespot on Georgia that they usually use for overflow, so I may see if we can have that so it doesn't matter how many turn up.

Good luck for the 15th and remember to bring lots of rain gear!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

There are just 2 of us - just want to confirm that we're meeting at the Georgia street one!

I used to live in Vancouver so I am all ready with my wellies!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Table for 14 reserved for Friday 19th October at 6.30pm at the Whitespot on W.Georgia and Cardero (near Lions Gate and Stanley Park) in the name of Basil and Sybil Faulty.

They said that they can't guarentee the overflow area, but will see what they can do.

TW's - they said they can get us a couple of extra chairs for you to have drinks with us.

Do any little ones need highchairs?

I'm sure we'll be in contact before then, but if not, I'll check nearer the time that everyone can still make it.

If anyone wants my cell # then PM me.

Hope this is OK with everyone
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:35 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

nursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nice

the more the merrier - Mayfly advertised our little jaunt on the brits2vancouver website, so we may even have a few more. Could we take over the whole place do you think!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:38 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, I leave the computer for a day and come back to find Vancouver awash is a sea of red 'n blue.

I offer a free drink to the first lady to arrive at the restaurant and shout in her most strident voice. "BASIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL', as loudly as possible.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:40 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

nursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nicenursemakeyouwell is just really nice

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Blimey, I leave the computer for a day and come back to find Vancouver awash is a sea of red 'n blue.

I offer a free drink to the first lady to arrive at the restaurant and shout in her most strident voice. "BASIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL', as loudly as possible.
Only if you shout at the top of your voice "don't mention the war!" in reply!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:46 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nursemakeyouwell
I might, if I think I can get away with it.

They showed a complete run of Fawlty Towers on one of the public service channels last year. It is still as funny as ever. The older I get, the more certain I am that I have at least a touch of Fawlty within me.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:55 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

So how many more Eagles fans are there coming now?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think we should all call the waitor "Manuel" or waitress "Polly", mention the Siberian hamster that we've seen running around and ask if they can make us a special Waldorf salad.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

So how many more Eagles fans are there coming now?
You can both take the girl out of Croydon, and Croydon out of the girl - I'M NOT AN EAGLES SUPPORTER

and I have even started to drop the "r" out of ba"r"th etc. and soften my A's.

Although I am actually from Sanderstead (/ Sa"r"nderstead), of which 99.9% of residents would say is Surrey, rather than South Croydon, especially if you live at the top of Sanderstead Hill!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:59 am
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by live to ski
You can both take the girl out of Croydon, and Croydon out of the girl - I'M NOT AN EAGLES SUPPORTER

and I have even started to drop the "r" out of ba"r"th etc. and soften my A's.

Although I am actually from Sanderstead (/ Sa"r"nderstead), of which 99.9% of residents would say is Surrey, rather than South Croydon, especially if you live at the top of Sanderstead Hill!
I know sanderstead well, OH used to play football that way a lot. What a small world!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:01 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

I know sanderstead well, OH used to play football that way a lot. What a small world!
We all used to love our one trip a year to play a team in Sanderstead, not!
What they were doing in our Sunday Sportsmans league with most teams from SW & W London i dont know. It always coincided with a bad hangover.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:09 pm
trust me - I'm a nurse

Originally Posted by Londonuck
We all used to love our one trip a year to play a team in Sanderstead, not!
What they were doing in our Sunday Sportsmans league with most teams from SW & W London i dont know. It always coincided with a bad hangover.
I feel I need to do a proper scientific study to discover the true extent of the mass exodus of Old Croydonians to Vancouver/BC.

Hey what if we all get to the White spot and find out that we actually already know each other!! Spooky!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure we are going to find some connections even if it is rather tenuous, such as someone's brother-in-law used to go out with someone's best friend's younger sister etc. Although, judging on other threads, I think we are quite a diverse age group (e.g. we are still a few years off starting to have the Little Live to Ski's and hence even further off Mr Live to Ski having "the snip" - whereas we all know about Mr NMYW!)

I think the true Croydonian 6th sense in us all has been working, and hence why we all unknowingly agreed to meet up! Although I don’t know where RobSki originates from, but maybe it is the draw of Purley Way Ikea that is drawing him for his trip to Ikea timed with meeting with all of us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.