Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

takign stuff ie food etc

takign stuff ie food etc

Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: takign stuff ie food etc

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

My confusion is not over the fact that milk tastes different in various countries. But I'd love to know how you're going to transport it.
Dairy Milk is a type of chocolate Judy

hope that alleviates the confusion
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
Ooooooo.....Jaffa cakes !!!!! Just sitting here with a cup of 'Tetley' ( tea thread) and could just go a Jaffa Cake.

Can I have a Jaffa cake please !!!!!
You can buy blackcurrant cordial also strawberry and raspberry at the Canadian Superstore is about $5. We use to get it, we have now found the frozen concentrate!!!

you've got me thinking about cakes now, jaffa's, batten-burg!!!! I feel the munchies coming on!!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stubby1974
edmonton...

you are not allowed to sell orange & pineapple in canada due to some additive rulling by canada...

also they cannot get the french fries or squares crisps

They have a British shop in the West Ed Mall, have your friends checked it out?
Linda
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:50 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Dairy Milk is a type of chocolate Judy

hope that alleviates the confusion
Whew! That's a relief. Thanks, Butch Cassidy.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

philcUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
OH suggests wrapping them up tightly in something so they can't expand too much.
I have to ask. This was a joke wasn't it.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:31 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Linda P
you've got me thinking about cakes now, jaffa's, batten-burg!!!! I feel the munchies coming on!!!
Hey Linda
Don't get me started on Battenburg ! They just don't do "SPONGE" over here do they.
Have you found a frozen concentrate that isn't DISGUSTING ! I keep buying different ones and can't find one I like yet. I have to flavour water somehow as I can't drink it pure........Not good in this dry climate.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

My confusion is not over the fact that milk tastes different in various countries. But I'd love to know how you're going to transport it.
lol, yes needs more explanation of course, cadburys dairy milk is the name of one of the most popular bars of chocolate.

tho dairy milk from cows also taste different over there, is it this homo milk thing?? maybe bring a cow , or just a churn???
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:39 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

without sounding insane !!! what on earth is frozen concentrate ?? do you just put in the fridge to defrost ?? have to say it sounds weird ???
also can you get pure apple juice easily ?? coz my son cant have dilute stuff coz of additives (good job really seeing as its hard to get hold of, lol ) thanks dee x
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

yeah -0 they've dont eh mall thing...

these things are stuff you cannot stock in canada becuase of the additives in them... they've been in edmonton now 2 years and this has pnly happened since last october so its a recent thing...

apparently fresh juice is by the bucketload
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:00 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deenailz
without sounding insane !!! what on earth is frozen concentrate ?? do you just put in the fridge to defrost ?? have to say it sounds weird ???
also can you get pure apple juice easily ?? coz my son cant have dilute stuff coz of additives (good job really seeing as its hard to get hold of, lol ) thanks dee x
Frozen concentrate is just frozen juice concentrate that comes in a container about the size of a soup: They look like this:

You basically keep it in your freezer until you want to make up a jug of juice. Most people make a jug (or pitcher) of juice at a time (not individual servings) and keep the jug in the fridge. You can either defrost the concentrate then make the juice (pour the contents into a jug and add water) or just hold the can of concentrate under running hot water or dip it into a bowl of hot water to melt the edges - loosen the contents - so the concentrate can slide out of the container into a jug (like a big ice cube). Then you can add water and either wait for the big juice concentrate ice cube to melt or (as I do) go at with a potato masher until it's all melted and stirred up.

Another variation...something for a hot summery day. Let the concentrate of your choice thaw... pour it into an old 2L ice cream pail or tupperware thing or whatever, add a bottle of tequila or whatever, some other flavoured booze (triple sec?), a bottle of soda, ginger ale, tonic water or whatever and a few handfulls of blueberries or whatever's in season. Stir it up and throw in back into the freezer until it's all slushie. While it's doing that, go to 7-11 and swipe a few slurpee straws. When you get home, blob the slush into some big glasses, go sit under a shady tree and suck it back.

I feel like Martha Stewart
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:33 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

thanks for that !!!
i like the idea with the booze cant wait to try that !!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:17 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: takign stuff ie food etc

This thread is great, it made me laugh! I had just been talking with my husband about foods we'd miss when we move over. Andrew wants Daddies Brown Sauce and I want Vimto.
My brother lives in America and he always wants bacon and Bisto gravy granules bringing over when we visit him!!
Family and friends already have our shopping list requests in!

Cheers
Kelly
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

I have a growing list of stuff I want sent over in a food parcel - Bisto gravy granules, for one! They only do the nasty powdery stuff here in Red Lake.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice

Originally Posted by TrishB
I have a growing list of stuff I want sent over in a food parcel - Bisto gravy granules, for one! They only do the nasty powdery stuff here in Red Lake.

I can get Bisto gravy in all my local supermarkets and they are much cheaper than the shops that sell all the brit food.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbyathome
I can get Bisto gravy in all my local supermarkets and they are much cheaper than the shops that sell all the brit food.
Where are you?

Unfortunately Red Lake is a wee bit remote, so we're quite limited in what we can get here, especially as the supermarkets stock a lot of Ukrainian foods to keep the locals happy! I'm sure a lot of stuff I'm missing is probably available somewhere in Canada!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.