Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

take 3...Ontario and nursing

take 3...Ontario and nursing

Old Oct 5th 2015, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: take 3...Ontario and nursing

That's great, thank you
Old Oct 5th 2015, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone wants VON so harder to get into. Getting registered in any of the provinces is the biggest thing to do and then finding job as Canada is very much into seniority so if in the union and jobs come up then they get first shot before an outsider. Most people generally get in as a casual and then slowly work their way to full time. May be luck getting FT away from Halifax and I know my local hospital is advertising for a temp FT RN for 12-18 months which is a good way to get foot in the door
Old Oct 5th 2015, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Silverdragon....that's really good info. What province do you live and work in?

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Everyone wants VON so harder to get into. Getting registered in any of the provinces is the biggest thing to do and then finding job as Canada is very much into seniority so if in the union and jobs come up then they get first shot before an outsider. Most people generally get in as a casual and then slowly work their way to full time. May be luck getting FT away from Halifax and I know my local hospital is advertising for a temp FT RN for 12-18 months which is a good way to get foot in the door
Old Oct 5th 2015, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in NS and work in LTC but just started my degree top up and in a few years looking at moving on to something else
Old Oct 5th 2015, 6:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KerryCullen1987
Yes that's true. We have two children and my step son who will stay in the UK but we will fly him over for school holidays. It's very difficult to know what to do before wasting a bucket load of money. I've heard so many good and bad stories! But keep hanging onto the good ones.
We originally was looking into Alberta but now have become more interested in Nova Scotia. The house prices are insane you get a lot more for your money don't you?
I haven't really looked into Ontario at all, I completely understand what you mean about being able to work as myself and my husband will have to. We don't have a UK mortgage so much would be pretty much starting out there. I'm going to an expo on Sunday in London. If you have any questions I don't mind asking a couple for you
There's a reason that house prices in NS are very low, compared to other Provinces.

Registered Nurses (NOC 3152-A) - Halifax Region, Nova Scotia - jobs (provincial) - Job Bank

Compared to the number of jobs in other areas:

Registered Nurses (NOC 3152-A)
Old Oct 5th 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that link! It's extremely useful!! Alberta is looking very promising!
Originally Posted by Siouxie
There's a reason that house prices in NS are very low, compared to other Provinces.

Registered Nurses (NOC 3152-A) - Halifax Region, Nova Scotia - jobs (provincial) - Job Bank

Compared to the number of jobs in other areas:

Registered Nurses (NOC 3152-A)