Reload this Page >

Stupid Question - Cordial

Stupid Question - Cordial

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

GloriousGlenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stupid Question - Cordial

Here's a stupid one!

Can you get orange cordial, or any type of cordial for that matter, in Newfoundland?

I go through gallons of the stuff in the UK!

19 days until we leave the UK, St John's bound!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stupid Question - Cordial

I dunno about NL, but here in AB, cordial isnt really available. I come across Ribena every now and then, but we've taken to buying Fruitopia, fresh lemonade etc....
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:35 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It's all drink crystals here - powdered crap you add to water or ready mixed fruit flavours or frozen in a can and add water too. You can readily get Ribena and Lime cordial in Alberta.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

I seem to remember Ribena and Lime cordial on the shelves in St John's now you say it. The Ribena was also very expensive if I remember rightly too!

I can't stomach the powdered stuff, so it looks like canned juice for me or I'll start importing Robinsons and sell it to Wal-Mart!!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a year or so to contemplate the idea but I'm not sure what I'm going to do without good old Robinsons either! Get it shipped in in bulk every now and then?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

I'll let ya know what the alternatives are izzi!!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Our local Fairway Market sells Robinson's but they import it (a lot of expats here) and they sell it for $5 !!! Sometimes on offer and then we stock up. Think we are lucky though. I am not bothered but my kids like it.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by izzi81
I've got a year or so to contemplate the idea but I'm not sure what I'm going to do without good old Robinsons either! Get it shipped in in bulk every now and then?

That's what I do!!!! I use britishcornershop.com. I don't like hot drinks or milky drinks, and water on it's own is boring. The powdered stuff here is gross, and the frozen stuff tastes bitter. Robinsons all the way! Some places do sell Robinsons in very limited flavours, you can also get Ribena and Roses Lime Cordial, but it's expensive at about $5-8 per bottle. We get through about 20 bottles of Robinsons between 2 of us every few months
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

This is a weird thing not to be able to get. I too have seen ribena, but yes quite expensive. I think i shall have to find space in the suitcase to bring a few bottles!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

The "fruit cocktail" you get on supermarket shelves over here (e.g. Cranberry & Raspberry) has the consistency of squash if you dilute it 30-50%, but the choice is limited and it's a move made from desperation.

It's odd that a whole style of drink never made inroads over here when you see some of the other things that did. We can get Robinson's in a local British shop but it's usually only one or two flavours.

A bottle or two of squash is number one on our visiting-friend-import-tax list now. Things like Marmite became fairly accessible here a fair while ago, as with things like English mustard and shortbread biscuits. Squash is the one exception.

Cheers, Iain
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:15 am
Just Joined

That's it cancel my visa!!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Buy Ribena in Atlantic superstore easy enough and found a place in Bedford NS (can't remember name of shop) but visiting it on Friday to stock up on Robinsons although a little bit expensive for me worth it
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:02 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

When you get here, try Belbins Food Market on quidi vidi rd and/or Auntie Crae's on Water St. Both are likely to sell cordial, though be prepared to pay for it.

Welcome to the Rock by the way.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GloriousGlenn
Here's a stupid one!

Can you get orange cordial, or any type of cordial for that matter, in Newfoundland?

I go through gallons of the stuff in the UK!

19 days until we leave the UK, St John's bound!

It definately is not a stupid question! I have seen it discussed quite a few times on here, though not as much as flying pets or goods to follow, but at least 3 times in my knowledge.

With a very fussy 10yr old myself I can understand the need for such things. He lives on Dolmio(has to be dolmio) spag bog and super noodles. He loves seafood though (not so much fish unless it is fingers) but mussels, prawns, scallops and smoked salmon. He has very expensive taste!!!

Good luck
Sarah x
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Buy Ribena in Atlantic superstore easy enough and found a place in Bedford NS (can't remember name of shop) but visiting it on Friday to stock up on Robinsons although a little bit expensive for me worth it
would love to know the name of the shop... it might be a while before we're over there, but Bedford would be within reach and I'd travel for a Robinsons supply!
(that UK goods website sold a 1l bottle for £1.79 plus £20.99 shipping for up to 5kgs. Thats an expensive bottle... )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.