Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Struggling to find travel insurance to cover freestyle snowboarding for IEC duration

Struggling to find travel insurance to cover freestyle snowboarding for IEC duration

Old Aug 28th 2017, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Struggling to find travel insurance to cover freestyle snowboarding for IEC durat

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Careful, this sounds like you need to discuss with a professional, which in insurance is rare, theytend to take your money and run away or call the experts against you when you claim.

Normally or certainly in the past if you had 2 valid insurance policies and had a claim that was allowable on either policy they used to simply split the payout. I have noticed recently that insurers sometimes have conditions that say if you have 2 insurance policies then they simply won't pay out unless the policies dont overlap or they are more liable than the other company in some way. Clearly a new insurance excuse.
Thanks, i was not aware of this issue as i was originally thinking of using 2 insurance policies to cover everything.

I've done further digging into True Traveller and their winter sports specification "Skiing/Snowboarding (Terrain Parks (beginner/intermediate only, no jumps aerials or acrobatics))" What they mean by this is you are covered for terrain parks to intermediate level as long as you aren't doing flips basically, it seems aerials or acrobatics are fancy words for flips and flip tricks to my understanding.

I think True Traveller will be the insurer i choose, they seem to cover everything i can think of that i'll need.

Thanks everyone for your advise!