Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Starting on the road to Vancouver

Starting on the road to Vancouver

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Starting on the road to Vancouver

Just wanted to say hi as I have just got an account on here. I have been looking at the site for a while and there are some great tips on here.

I have just sent off my paperwork for which I am applying via the spousal route (wife Canadian), so I guess I am at the start of the long road the Vancouver.

I'm very excited about it all even if it is still 18 months or so away.

Bring it on

:-)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting on the road to Vancouver

Hi and welcome. We live across the water on Vancouver Island. Good luck and best wishes!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:57 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Just wanted to say hi as I have just got an account on here. I have been looking at the site for a while and there are some great tips on here.

I have just sent off my paperwork for which I am applying via the spousal route (wife Canadian), so I guess I am at the start of the long road the Vancouver.

I'm very excited about it all even if it is still 18 months or so away.

Bring it on

:-)
Hi and Welcome,

Should not be too long a wait with a spousal application. Someone will be able to give you stats I bet

BTW lived in Ealing a long time ago. Much prefer Vancouver! You will find this a useful site for answering your questions.

Warmly,

Frank
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:57 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Londonhatter - we are in Sutton / Cheam and hopt to be in Vancouver by Aug - in fact Frank - above me is v helpful

Hello frank
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome, great site, you'll finds loads of info, we have. We are going to VI as soon as sell up. Good luck
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to all

Its very welcoming in here. For the guys going to Vancouver Island, its very beautiful in there. My wifes sister lives in Comox so I have driven up there a couple of times on visits, beautiful place. Its been a while since i have been to Blackpool though (Stockport originally).

Anyway got to go

Thanks for your replies
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:36 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:08 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emmabell
Hi and welcome, great site, you'll finds loads of info, we have. We are going to VI as soon as sell up. Good luck
Am also from Blackpool heading to Vancouver Island - damn its a small world lol
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

doctormig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I am also a newbie hoping to relocate to Vancouver. Already have 2 friends out there, visit fairly regularly and lived near Kelowna for 6months. Still scared stiff though!
Have just been looking at the new simplified skilled worker application (I realise now that it is important to keep checking the website as things do change and you may find that you are prematurely looking for personal history details which may be hindering your application!).
Well, I stumbled on this site whilst trying to determine whether my ISA's are 'unencumbered and readily available' (still not sure!) and am really glad I have.
My stomach is doing flips at the moment as there is nothing on the new form to enable much procrastination - so it is now or never.
Of course, my brain is now worrying about sensible things like state pensions (thanks for the link to your website Frank'n Sense - some reassurance already gained) and NI contributions...
I really must just get on with it, eh, as it could take years.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

CanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really nice

Hi - I also lived in Vancouver and on Vancouver Island - and now live in Wasaga Beach. Having lived in Croydon for 11 years! I know, I know - why Croydon!! It was the reason we got back to Canada.

Having lived in both the East and West of Canada as well as the UK - I would take Canada over the UK anytime. Having said that, I do find that work comes much easier in the UK than where we are now in Wasaga Beach. So, perhaps it's a bit of swings and roundabouts. Definitely a lifestyle decision that I will never regret.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:57 pm
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Hi Londonhatter - we are in Sutton / Cheam and hopt to be in Vancouver by Aug - in fact Frank - above me is v helpful

Hello frank
Hello Carri,

thanks. It's part of the whole expat thing, helping out. Canadians who've never moved countries don't get it at all. Anyway glad to be of help. Now... what I need is inspiration for this week's newsletter Any suggestions?

Warmly,
Frank
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:26 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank'n Sense
Hello Carri,

thanks. It's part of the whole expat thing, helping out. Canadians who've never moved countries don't get it at all. Anyway glad to be of help. Now... what I need is inspiration for this week's newsletter Any suggestions?

Warmly,
Frank
hmm -shall have athink :

and shall email this week re THE JOB etc - starting to feel sick now!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Welcome - and good luck with everything.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

doctormig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Sorry I wrote my intro in your thread. I didn't know what I was doing as I am new to all this.
Anyway, best of luck with your application!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.