Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Starting a new business

Starting a new business

Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Dean37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starting a new business

I have my own window cleaning business here in the UK and wish to start another one in Canada as it will help my case when applying to emigrate to Canada
So my question is what do i need to do to actually start a business in Canada I already have someone i trust to do the work so that isnt a problem
Any links to answer this question would be great so i can read up on it myself
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:02 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a new business

Here we go, a thread albeit short - about it but it does have a link to Richs story and what he had to do

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541117
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks muchly
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:16 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome. Don't mean to p*ss on a bonfire but I really don't think its as easy as "come to Canada start a window cleaning business".

Have you always done that? Do you have any other experience in another field, what does your wife do?

Basically Canada accepts immigrants to fill a labour shortage in certain fields. (a bit of a generalisation I know) so if you look on the links that I think Andrew gave you in another thread unless you can fit into one of those categories you may need to do a rethink.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks molly i am starting to realise that it just a bit hard to take
I have run my own business now for 13 years and basically its all i know i might have to retrain in another field
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:43 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

You would have to apply as an entrepreneur in the business catagory and take it from there. You need to check out the current requirements for that on the website