Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Speeding........fined or not?

Speeding........fined or not?

Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:47 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speeding........fined or not?

So, got pulled over today for speeding, the officer took my licence and registration, went back to his cruiser. When he came back he said that I clocked you doing 123kph and thats a $140 fine a 3 demerits but I expect you have better things to spend your money on so slow down.

Now as he didn't actually give me a ticket or tell me how to pay the fine did he let me off, his lanuguage seemed to? Or will I receive notification in the mail?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:49 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding........fined or not?

I think that counts as a warning.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
So, got pulled over today for speeding, the officer took my licence and registration, went back to his cruiser. When he came back he said that I clocked you doing 123kph and thats a $140 fine a 3 demerits but I expect you have better things to spend your money on so slow down.

Now as he didn't actually give me a ticket or tell me how to pay the fine did he let me off, his lanuguage seemed to? Or will I receive notification in the mail?
Yes, a warning. I've only ever had to pay when a ticket was written at the scene.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:55 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so, it was a very deserted road and it was only 23kph over the speed limit..................what suprised me is that they can get you come towards you, never happened in the UK
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:12 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes, a warning. I've only ever had to pay when a ticket was written at the scene.
What he said ^^^^ consider yourself let off and lucky.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:15 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope so, it was a very deserted road and it was only 23kph over the speed limit..................what suprised me is that they can get you come towards you, never happened in the UK
I've had two speeding tickets while in B.C. and both times the police car was coming towards me.

Their radar is calibrated with the speedometer and automatically deducts their speed from the readout.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 3:01 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

You lucky bu**er!

I got caught doing a bit less than that and got the ticket, and he was coming towards me too!

Must have been the Christmas Spirit and all that!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

They don't give out too many warnings anymore. You're lucky - especially at the end of the month!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:38 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds to me like you got away with it
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:38 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
You lucky bu**er!
Quite!

I expect they've already filled their quotas with the rest of us! :curse:

....lawd it's hard to type with a big fluffy cat on my lap!! This took me about 5 attempts .... just evicted the cat!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:00 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Quite!

I expect they've already filled their quotas with the rest of us! :curse:

....lawd it's hard to type with a big fluffy cat on my lap!! This took me about 5 attempts .... just evicted the cat!
You should try typing on a Small Acer laptop, that's fun as well.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
You should try typing on a Small Acer laptop, that's fun as well.
Oh Oh..Have you got one of those little lap tops then Cassie...I was looking at those but the size of the keyboard worried me (hands like a bunch of bananas!!!) I know it flys is the face of the reason for having one but if you were stationed at a desk or something is it possible to plug in a normal keyboard to use? I am guessing it would be as they have USB ports but thought it was worth asking..
Cheers
Tim
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Your soooooo Lucky,

Mike got caught the other day and got fined $269 a weird amount eh.

Julie
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...
We got a nice letter in the mail the other day. Wifey got zapped by one of the photo radars. Please pay $281...
Thank you very much indeed.
:curse:
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

yorkie lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep you got off with a warning......they must have their quota for the month.
If the guy had a police jacket on that was mostly red in colour, that would have been a traffic officer and you WOULD have got a speeding ticket!!
Lucky you.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.