Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sources on used airline-approved pet carriers

Sources on used airline-approved pet carriers

Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

cordobaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sources on used airline-approved pet carriers

We're looking at going to the UK in October, and we're trying to find a second-hand airline-approved pet carrier.

I've been trying the usual eBay, local classifieds and the classified section on the site with not much luck.

Does anyone know where I can find one? We have a Lab, so it's gotta be at least 48" X 32" X 35".

I'm in Northern Ontario but willing to travel a little in the south for the right one. A new one is just too dear (at least the ones I saw).

I'll tell ya, the chore of bringing a pet *lol*........
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sources on used airline-approved pet carriers

craigslist.com
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

You know I have been on ebay this afternoon for over an hour looking at sky kennels, also for a lab. There are quite a few here that I have put on the watching list. There was a company in USA that seemd pretty good prices, it was on the links below the ebay adds.
Keep trawling, also you can put it on 'wanted' list on ebay, and also you can get ebay to notify you if any come up for sale. Good luck, I know just what you are going through.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cordobaman
A new one is just too dear (at least the ones I saw).
What prices have you been seeing? I'm sure a retriever-sized one was about 120 CAD in Zellers, or it was when I looked a few years back after bringing mine and glancing at prices to compare.

I think mine was 70 GBP new from a website I can't remember now. I'd sell you mine if you could collect it, and it wasn't chock full of Xmas decorations. If you're still stuck, I'll think about clearing it out
Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

On craigslist and such, they vary from $100 to $160, however every ad I reply to they're already sold

New ones are around $250-300, but the shipping kills you; even with my wife working for Purolator they won't send collect.

The major brands that I see are the Hagen "PetCargo" series (like the 800 model I bought second-hand and is too small) and the Petmate "SkyKennel", as per the above reply.

Any others out there ? I still have 6 months to go yet, but every bit of planning I can do now is better.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:11 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm new ones over here are approx £60 to £100 depending on dog size! thats new.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Maybe if someone's coming over with a Pet Cargo 900 or similar between now and September, I can make a deal......hmmmmm..............