Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Soon UK to REGINA SK,safe areas to reside please,we are cash buyers $100,000 MAX

Wikiposts

Soon UK to REGINA SK,safe areas to reside please,we are cash buyers $100,000 MAX

Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all
Red face Soon UK to REGINA SK,safe areas to reside please,we are cash buyers $100,000 MAX

Me and the misses are leaving the UK because there is no Law & Order anymore. The UK is not the country we grew up in. We are tired of the EU influences in nearly everyway. One cannot move around between 7am and 3am (20 hrs) without takin` into account- Traffic, Parking, Muggings, etc.
We will arrive before the end of the year, off the plane in REGINA SK.
Why REGINA SK, we have researched for hours on the WWW. as to where in Canada to go. We chose Saskatchewan-Initial start up costs appear lower-Buying a new car, buying a Condo`, startin` a retail shop business.
Also a straight drivers-licence swap urgently so as to reduce insurance to !
We are prepared for the FREEZIN` COLD AIR & SNOW, unlike the UK, we feel confident that the people of SK are, to a certain extent, geared-up for it !?
Enough now, I hope anyone in Regina SK might give us some info on Regina-Where not to reside, also any do`s and don`ts, please.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon UK to REGINA SK,safe areas to reside please,we are cash buyers $100,000 MAX

I live in Regina and would be glad to give you any help I can. My husband has a butcher shop and so he may be able to give you a bit of advice if you are opening a store. What kind of a store?

You say you are looking for a condo. Again, what do you want? I have some friends who are selling their house and moving into a condo. Its in a complex called Quincy Green (or maybe Greene!!). It has a single car garage with a parking space out in front for another car. It also has tennis courts and a swimming pool. There are other condos without the tennis courts and swimming pool. I am talking here of condos that are more like terraced houses in England. They are joined together but they have a small garden out back and then a common area that is owned by all the condo owners. You can also get apartment condos. These would be in a big block and might have a balcony and a swimming pool and stuff like that. If you tell me what you are looking for and how much you want to spend total. I can help you better.

Here is a link to condos for sale by owner.

http://www.skhomes4sale.com/listing_...pe%5B%5D=Condo

The one on Killarney Way would be nice. I wouldn't live in Glencairn - there is one in Glencairn for sale. I thought all of those were low income housing. Stay away from Glencairn!

This is a link to the condos for sale through a realtor.

http://www.mls.ca/PropertyResults.as...fAreaID%3d1639
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:33 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon UK to REGINA SK,safe areas to reside please,we are cash buyers $100,000 MAX

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
We are prepared for the FREEZIN` COLD AIR & SNOW, unlike the UK,
Welcome Steve....Trust me on this one ...Unless you've experienced -30C with windchill on top, there is no way you are prepared for it!!! Hopefully you will get used to it though.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

To tell the truth, when we first came here, I wasn't cold the first winter. I think it was because it was a dry cold rather than a damp cold. However, it did not take too many more winters before it felt cold!!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:57 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I guess that's how the wooden clad houses (mentioned in a different thread) feel.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:26 am
Glaswegian

We are prepared for the FREEZIN` COLD AIR & SNOW, unlike the UK, we feel confident that the people of SK are, to a certain extent, geared-up for it !?
You get used to it pretty quickly .... my first job paid crap, so I had to take the transit downtown ... adapted quickly to standing at bus stops in the minus 30C's.

Don't know about SK, but the air in southern Alberta is so dry it doesn't feel so cold - I feels cold rather than chilly, if you get what I mean.

Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:30 am
squarepants

You know, I have got to give it to, the longest thread name I have ever seen on this forum, jeez...where does it end Won't that be funny though, if you get mugged on your first day in SK?

You could have gone to Quebec and New Brunswick too, they do straight swap of drivers licence too

Me and the misses are leaving the UK because there is no Law & Order anymore. The UK is not the country we grew up in. We are tired of the EU influences in nearly everyway. One cannot move around between 7am and 3am (20 hrs) without takin` into account- Traffic, Parking, Muggings, etc.
We will arrive before the end of the year, off the plane in REGINA SK.
Why REGINA SK, we have researched for hours on the WWW. as to where in Canada to go. We chose Saskatchewan-Initial start up costs appear lower-Buying a new car, buying a Condo`, startin` a retail shop business.
Also a straight drivers-licence swap urgently so as to reduce insurance to !
Enough now, I hope anyone in Regina SK might give us some info on Regina-Where not to reside, also any do`s and don`ts, please.

Old Sep 14th 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all
Red face Thanks for the first helpful replies re: Regina SK

Mugging ? We are like the Royal family, we don`t carry cash !
Temperature ? We here what you say, we both carry some natural insulation, know what we mean !
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:51 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks for the first helpful replies re: Regina SK

Temperature ? We here what you say, we both carry some natural insulation, know what we mean !
I hear what you are saying, but it might not be enough in SK on it own
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:52 am
squarepants

Am trying to link your username, here it goes: Steve Mcgareth, Hawaii-five- O. Howzat

Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Fogmyst will become famous soon enough

Anyway I can certainly chat to my wife and get a list of the areas to avoid
and I will post here asap.

Hi Steve,

The general rule of thumb that my misses has emailed me, is that anywere inside the ring road you should avoid, stick to areas on the outside of the ringroad, North, South East or West. Houses tend to be between, 120-130K though, although shopping around may get you a bargain, and paying cash. Houses are cheaper if you go further out, but you have then think about travelling in the Winter. Although I know real nice areas like Lumsden are pretty expensive nothing less than 200K :scared:

Check the website below, its the Uplands website, but it seems to have a useful map, that should help you in conjuntion with the MLS website, which itself also has a good map.

http://nonprofits.accesscomm.ca/uca/...s_frameset.htm

I will be Uplands in 2 weeks helpling the misses with the house, we have loads of decorating to do, so lots of hard work. I just hope I don't have to much hassle with immigration, when we finally apply.

Last edited by Fogmyst; Sep 17th 2004 at 5:57 am.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squarepants
Am trying to link your username, here it goes: Steve Mcgareth, Hawaii-five- O. Howzat
----YEP ! only it`s STEVE McGARETT. He was played by the deceased Jack Lord. He acted in some "James Bond" movies to.
-----"Book `em Danno"!!!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: Soon UK to REGINA SK,safe areas to reside please,we are cash buyers $100,000 MAX

[QUOTE=Fogmyst]Hi I am also moving to Regina, we have just brought a house for 112k in Uplands Regina, I can't say I am an expert, but we stayed in Uplands with my Wife's Sister, and it seems like your typical middle class established neibourhood. I do know there are areas you should avoid living, known as the 'Hood' I will let you know these areas when I find out.
THANKS FOGMYST for ya input, we want be going out before November.
We`ve only been to Canada once before.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:11 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

The important question, though, is, who is that shown in the picture in your profile?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its the Misses, she`s very friendly, ya know !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.