British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Somewhere to stay in Calgary? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/somewhere-stay-calgary-830995/)

paul0 Apr 10th 2014 8:49 pm

Somewhere to stay in Calgary?

Hi,
Myself and my wife are moving to Calgary on the 29th April.
We flew out to Calgary about 6 weeks ago, I sat and passed my Red Seal Carpentry exam and I was very fortunate to also get a job offer as well while in Calgary so now with open work permits in hand were off.
The main reason for this post is to ask, is there anyone in Calgary who might have a short let apartment for myself and my wife, just while we initially get ourselves set up.
We just thought this way might be a nicer way of doing it rather then staying in a hotel.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Paul.

neilg14 Apr 10th 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Somewhere to stay in Calgary?

I think there was a lady on this site doing just this, don't know her name but I believe she lived in Cochrane.
Give it a day or two,somebody else will know more.

Photoplex Apr 10th 2014 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by paul0 (Post 11213671)
The main reason for this post is to ask, is there anyone in Calgary who might have a short let apartment for myself and my wife, just while we initially get ourselves set up.
We just thought this way might be a nicer way of doing it rather then staying in a hotel.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Paul.

How short a stay? If you don't have much luck, there's always AirBNB...

Geordie Lass Apr 10th 2014 9:55 pm

Look for username The Thornes - this is the lady who has the rental in Cochrane. You can PM her about it.:)

TheThornes Apr 15th 2014 12:05 am

Hi, yes it is me who has a furnished basement suite available for short term lets in Cochrane. Please feel free to message me if you would like any further info.

kazmart Apr 15th 2014 3:49 am

We have rented a fully furnished place off of 17th Ave on a month to month basis for 3 months. It is small but perfectly acceptable for us and our 2 boys and costs $1900 per month inclusive of all utilities, cable TV, local phone and internet. Laundry is extra. PM me if you want the details.

the undutchables Apr 15th 2014 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by paul0 (Post 11213671)
I sat and passed my Red Seal Carpentry exam

I know it's a bit off topic, but why did you sit your Red seal exam? Do you know a UK apprenticeship certificate is accepted over here?

I have never had to sit the Red seal exam, just show my Indenture papers and that is accepted no questions.

By the way, Royal Oak in the NW is a very nice area. Stayed there 6 years now