Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Some photos from Victoria...

Wikiposts

Some photos from Victoria...

Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:08 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Some photos from Victoria...

Well I just felt like sharing a few photos taken on a recent trip to Victoria and environs.

Butchart Gardens:
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00245.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:09 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Butchart Gardens:
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00251.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:11 am
mañana is my busiest day

The rose garden at Butchart gardens:
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00255.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:13 am
mañana is my busiest day

from Butchart gardens, Victoria on Vancouver Island British Columbia:
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00264.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:19 am
mañana is my busiest day

Hatley Castle, Royal Roads University, Victoria. This is where some of the filming for the movie "X-men" occured. In the movie, this was the "school for the gifted".
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00219.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:20 am
mañana is my busiest day

Hatley Castle:
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00220.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:22 am
mañana is my busiest day

Backside of Hatley Castle:
Attached Thumbnails Some photos from Victoria...-dsc00232.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:32 am
mañana is my busiest day

Victoria has a very clean but busy downtown core and harbor area with lots of tourists walking around.

Vancouver Island is rather mountainous. Its southeast coast has Canada's best weather.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:27 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

ye gads - those buildings look old!! Surely that cannot be...

(Maybe I should add that to the culture shock thread, but I do sometimes really miss seeing OLD buildings, sigh)...

Clare
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

joggerjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by oceanMDX
Victoria has a very clean but busy downtown core and harbor area with lots of tourists walking around.

Vancouver Island is rather mountainous. Its southeast coast has Canada's best weather.
.........are you sure?

It rains there more than further North up the East coast? I thought the Okanagan has the best weather, most sunshine, least rain, although I know it can be cloudy and sometimes snowy in the winter like the SE of the island too!

JJ
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:40 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally posted by joggerjo
.........are you sure?

It rains there more than further North up the East coast? I thought the Okanagan has the best weather, most sunshine, least rain, although I know it can be cloudy and sometimes snowy in the winter like the SE of the island too!

JJ
Yes, according to this reference:

http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/weather/winners/comfy-e.html

Victoria and Nanaimo are the winners for having Canada's most comfortable weather. Kelowna can get pretty cold in the winters, and rather hot in the summers.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

.......see what you mean.......I am from Penticton though and that rated 9, Kelowna rated 6!

I saw a similar sort of weather research and it stated that Penticton had the most sunshine hours in the summer than any other Canadian city but was one of the worse in the winter. Calgary was nearly opposite but boasted the most hours of sunshine in the winter than any other Canadian city.

Vancouver came out as a good sort of average place due to the mild winters but it did have high rainfall. Wish I had kept the info. as it was very interesting...........

JJ
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:36 pm
mañana is my busiest day

.......see what you mean.......I am from Penticton though and that rated 9, Kelowna rated 6!

I saw a similar sort of weather research and it stated that Penticton had the most sunshine hours in the summer than any other Canadian city but was one of the worse in the winter. Calgary was nearly opposite but boasted the most hours of sunshine in the winter than any other Canadian city.

Vancouver came out as a good sort of average place due to the mild winters but it did have high rainfall. Wish I had kept the info. as it was very interesting...........

JJ
This may be the site you are referring to:

http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/weather/winne...s-intro-e.html
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, interesting reading. It wasn't quite the one I had read previousy but was very similar.

Might be a good idea for those thinking of coming to Canada to check out the "'the cities with the toughest weather"!!!!

JJ
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:01 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Thanks for that, interesting reading. It wasn't quite the one I had read previousy but was very similar.

Might be a good idea for those thinking of coming to Canada to check out the "'the cities with the toughest weather"!!!!

JJ
The more information potential immigrants have about Canada the better; but from what I have read over the months that I have been posting here, I would say that a city's employment opportunities for newcomers is a lot more important than its weather. It may be a reasonable strategy for people to go to the place that can offer them the best standard of living (i.e. best pay and lowest cost of living), and worry about the weather long after they have it made.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jul 12th 2004 at 6:07 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.