Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sodexho in Ontario.. lets just take a stab at it....

Wikiposts

Sodexho in Ontario.. lets just take a stab at it....

Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:35 pm
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Question Sodexho in Ontario.. lets just take a stab at it....

Hey there Folks!

Has anyone of you heard of a company named Sodexho in Ontario? They are one of the world's largest catering companies. Reason I ask is becuase my soon-to-be-sponsored BF (who works for that company here in Amsterdam) would like to work there when we move there next year.

They have offices in Burlington, Toronto, Missisauga and Ottawa... any of you work for them or know anyone who does? My BF's work doesn't deal with transfers, so he would have to take care of that himself. Which he is already busy doing, but it always helps to network as much as possible! Don't we all know!

I know its a stretch, but hey... to not try is to never know!

Spanks,

Fluffy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice
Default Re: Sodexho in Ontario.. lets just take a stab at it....

I don't know anyone who works there, but they do a lot of catering for universities. You could look at contacting them through any universities in the area you move to.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:53 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AnyaT
I don't know anyone who works there, but they do a lot of catering for universities. You could look at contacting them through any universities in the area you move to.
True, however, he is more on the business side rather than the actual "catering" side, per se. He is a catering manager/consultant. I have seen them posted at lots of uni's, too.
Thanks anyways for your advice!
Fluffy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
Hey there Folks!

Has anyone of you heard of a company named Sodexho in Ontario? They are one of the world's largest catering companies. Reason I ask is becuase my soon-to-be-sponsored BF (who works for that company here in Amsterdam) would like to work there when we move there next year.

They have offices in Burlington, Toronto, Missisauga and Ottawa... any of you work for them or know anyone who does? My BF's work doesn't deal with transfers, so he would have to take care of that himself. Which he is already busy doing, but it always helps to network as much as possible! Don't we all know!

I know its a stretch, but hey... to not try is to never know!

Spanks,

Fluffy
Heard of them in the UK. They took over the catering contract in some of the big companies in Launceston and therefore recruited accordingly. People happily went off for interviews, got jobs and didn't come back (unusual for Launceston ) so as I didn't get any feedback from anyone I guess they were OK to work for in the UK. If the canadian company is the same as the UK one, he should be fine.