Reload this Page >

Social worker's looking to come to Canada

Social worker's looking to come to Canada

Old Jun 24th 2020, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

DarrenS2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social worker's looking to come to Canada

Good evening

I am looking for some expertise in making the move over. I will be traveling with my wife and 3 children.

We reside in Glasgow and are both qualified Social Worker's in a child protection role. In the near future I will be transferring to a criminal justice role which is the equivalent of a Parole/Probation Officer.

I have been looking into Nova Scotia, Ontario and Manitoba areas but am open to living most places, should it provide spacious outdoor living and a better life for my family.

I am looking to connect with anyone who can help me with social work/criminal justice recruitment. I know we qualify for express entry and have made contact with the Canadian Social Work council.

Hopefully some social care workers can share their experience with me.

Thanks
Darren
Old Jun 25th 2020, 12:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social worker's looking to come to Canada

Hello and welcome to BE

As you are no doubt aware, you will need Provincial Certification to work as a Social Worker as it's regulated.... you can find links to each Provincial licensing body by clicking on the 'requirements' tab https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ments/23025/ca

Whilst you might qualify for Express Entry (most do) what are your CRS points? Are you scoring enough to be likely to obtain an invitation from the EE pool - i.e. over 470 - ?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 8:38 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarrenS2012
Good evening

I am looking for some expertise in making the move over. I will be traveling with my wife and 3 children.

We reside in Glasgow and are both qualified Social Worker's in a child protection role. In the near future I will be transferring to a criminal justice role which is the equivalent of a Parole/Probation Officer.

I have been looking into Nova Scotia, Ontario and Manitoba areas but am open to living most places, should it provide spacious outdoor living and a better life for my family.

I am looking to connect with anyone who can help me with social work/criminal justice recruitment. I know we qualify for express entry and have made contact with the Canadian Social Work council.

Hopefully some social care workers can share their experience with me.

Thanks
Darren

Welcome! What is your CRS score? I think the Express Entry part of the Permanent Residency process is likely going to apply to quite a lot of people. as Souxie said, it’s the CRS score that is the next stage. If you can share that with us we can guide you through the next part of the process.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi both

Thanks very much for the information.

I have spoken to the Nova Scotia board of social work initially and they gave an indication that my qualification is an acceptable equivalent.

My CRS score is 469 at this point in time.

Old Jun 26th 2020, 5:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DarrenS2012
Hi both

Thanks very much for the information.

I have spoken to the Nova Scotia board of social work initially and they gave an indication that my qualification is an acceptable equivalent.

My CRS score is 469 at this point in time.
Have you checked the requirements for the Assessment of International Credentials with CASW? It's not a quick process - and you will likely need that done before you can apply to any of the Provincial Licensing bodies. https://www.casw-acts.ca/en/what-we-...al-credentials

Do be aware that Ontario may require you to take a bridging program https://www.ocswssw.org/registration...ional-bsw-msw/
https://continuing.ryerson.ca/conten...&code=CM000092

NSCSW | International BSW/MSW
https://mcsw.ca/social-workers/
Old Jun 26th 2020, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your help.

I have had a look and plan on getting my credentials assessed as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the information you have provided.