Reload this Page >

Social work qualification equivalencies & wanting to move to Alberta

Social work qualification equivalencies & wanting to move to Alberta

Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

miniftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social work qualification equivalencies & wanting to move to Alberta

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone on here knows much about the equivalency of a UK BA in Social work to canadian qualifications? I am starting my 3yr ba in social work in september and i am hoping that once I have got some post grad experience in the job (about a year)here in the UK, that I will be able to emigrate to alberta with my partner.

I have searched for posts regarding social work already on the forum but i know there have been a few changes to canadian immigration over the past couple of years and few of the posts are recent (if any).

I also checked the canadian association of social workers website to find out more about qualification equivalency and was quite worried as it said this on their website:

"Please be aware, CASW has experienced that individuals whom have completed the 3-year BSW program in the United Kingdom, without additional post-secondary education, are often deficient in Liberal Art and Social Work courses required to meet the Canadian 4-year BSW degree academic standards."

is there anyone out there who has done the equivalency and not met the standards? If so what did you need to do?

Basically any info on the subject at all would be much appreciated as im struggling to find account of anyones experience of moving to canada (alberta specifically) as a social worker who qualified in the UK.

Thank you in advance!