Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Soccer in Vancouver?

Soccer in Vancouver?

Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

vancouvervilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Soccer in Vancouver?

I'm a friend of Georgie's best and he knows nothing about football!! Well, very little! Actually Mark is a great guy who does a lot for our club. We have plenty of English players in our many teams so if you are looking for a well run and social club then check out the website mentioned above and get in touch with Mark.

Also, if you are a Villa fan then get bakc to me!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:39 am
Anyone for a brew?

The Edge will become famous soon enoughThe Edge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vancouvervilla
I'm a friend of Georgie's best and he knows nothing about football!! Well, very little! Actually Mark is a great guy who does a lot for our club. We have plenty of English players in our many teams so if you are looking for a well run and social club then check out the website mentioned above and get in touch with Mark.

Also, if you are a Villa fan then get bakc to me!!
Cheers! I will be coming down sometime in January onceI have got over my extreme jet lag. Looking forward to it. I am actually a Leeds Utd fan, but don't let that put you off.....
Old Dec 14th 2006, 2:48 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Edge
Hi Everyone,

Me and my partner will be moving to Vancouver from the UK after Xmas, and I will be looking for an amateur soccer team to play for. I currently play at a decent amateur standard in the UK - does anyone have any info on teams/leagues in Van, and what standard they are? I have seen the website for the Metro League - anyone have any experience of playing in this league?

Cheers!!
Soccer in Canada is a joke. If you are looking for skilled players, there aren't any.
Soccer is a recreational sport here.
The sport is managed by old has beens who never played top class soccer anywhere.
But if you're any good you'll soon find that out.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 4:02 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didikai
Soccer in Canada is a joke. If you are looking for skilled players, there aren't any.
Soccer is a recreational sport here.
The sport is managed by old has beens who never played top class soccer anywhere.
But if you're any good you'll soon find that out.

Well where in canada are you basing your experience on and to what expectation level are you comparing?

Hackney marshes sunday leagues or EPL. Most soccer is sunday league standard, if you above that then you'll be looking to play semi-pro-level some indoor leagues and larger cities have some but its then A-league pro.

It's ok just checked you only other post Vancouver - whitecap fan no wonder bitter.

Last edited by Grah; Dec 14th 2006 at 4:08 am.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:51 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grah
Well where in canada are you basing your experience on and to what expectation level are you comparing?

Hackney marshes sunday leagues or EPL. Most soccer is sunday league standard, if you above that then you'll be looking to play semi-pro-level some indoor leagues and larger cities have some but its then A-league pro.

It's ok just checked you only other post Vancouver - whitecap fan no wonder bitter.
Who did you ever play for?
Me Whitecap fan? Whitecaps would get the shite kicked out of them by any English pub team.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:09 am
Anyone for a brew?

The Edge will become famous soon enoughThe Edge will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: Soccer in Vancouver?

Me Whitecap fan? Whitecaps would get the shite kicked out of them by any English pub team.
So long as there is soccer, at whatever standard, I will be happy! I have long since given up hope of being picked out by a pro club scout.....
Old Dec 14th 2006, 10:13 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT!

You must be the bigshot around here, after all you've seen every soccer league in canada and can comprehensively condem it.

Just stick to the Telly an you'll be ok.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:35 pm
Banned

WHAT!

You must be the bigshot around here, after all you've seen every soccer league in canada and can comprehensively condem it.

Just stick to the Telly an you'll be ok.
Ooops sorry!

I forgot all about the great talent in Canada. That's why Canada has such a brilliant national team.

They are going to wear their shirts back to front next season so it looks like they are attacking.

BTW Who did you ever play for?

Gotta get back to the tele.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:41 pm
Happy in Canada.

Ooops sorry!

I forgot all about the great talent in Canada. That's why Canada has such a brilliant national team.

They are going to wear their shirts back to front next season so it looks like they are attacking.

Gotta get back to the tele.

Why are you so fascinated with "Who I played for"? Don't see the relevance.

Remember Canadian talent is that crap England's no 1 world cup player is one.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:04 am
Banned

Why are you so fascinated with "Who I played for"? Don't see the relevance.

Remember Canadian talent is that crap England's no 1 world cup player is one.

One swallow does not make a summer.

Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:32 am
Happy in Canada.

add to ignore list and as if by magic - gone

- u21 against Palistan in far east tour