British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   so where do you go for cheap flights ??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/so-where-do-you-go-cheap-flights-422108/)

sixofus! Jan 28th 2007 6:02 pm

so where do you go for cheap flights ???

So save me searching the whole net, who do you use for cheap flights 2 canada ?
and do you find it better to book , or do you get it cheaper booking a late deal flight?

Thnaks in advance for any replys , you lot have been so helpful with all my questions and reading ive been doing, have answered loads of my own ?? just by searching this site !
:D

Andy1l Jan 28th 2007 6:05 pm

Re: so where do you go for cheap flights ???

http://hometown.aol.com/flyscotland/homecanada.html

sixofus! Jan 28th 2007 7:49 pm

hi forgot to mention from london airports x

Andy1l Jan 28th 2007 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by sixofus! (Post 4335456)

For flights to London, well FlyGlobespan and Zoom Airlines will probably be the cheapest.

I find the best way to get the cheapest fares is buy your flights just as they are going on sale. Best way to find out when flights are going on sale is sign up to the airlines email news letters.

burton bunch Jan 28th 2007 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1l (Post 4335469)
For flights to London, well FlyGlobespan and Zoom Airlines will probably be the cheapest.

I find the best way to get the cheapest fares is buy your flights just as they are going on sale. Best way to find out when flights are going on sale is sign up to the airlines email news letters.

Yeah as departure date beckons then the prices tend to go up believe it or not - that is what happened last year to us when we went :o

Alberta_Rose Jan 28th 2007 11:45 pm

Apart from Globespan and Zoom, there are also Air Transat http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/0_0.asp , and Canadian Affair http://www.canadianaffair.com/ ..... check them out too?

Then you also have the choice of Air Canada, British Airways ......

Mrs Madmac Jan 29th 2007 12:27 am

We tell everyone to try Canadian Affair.

celine_uk Jan 29th 2007 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Madmac (Post 4336181)
We tell everyone to try Canadian Affair.

im flying with flyglobespan.com in may direct to Newcastle, from may they will be flying direct out of Hamilton airport only i believe, they seem to cheaper compared to Cdn affiar which are not owned by air transat which i swore id never fly with again unless i had to :)

last year i used zoom and they were awesome!

Butch Cassidy Jan 29th 2007 2:29 am

Originally Posted by sixofus! (Post 4335456)

Check Canadian and book before Jan 31st (awesome prices for certain departures)

printer Jan 29th 2007 8:34 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 4335805)
Yeah as departure date beckons then the prices tend to go up believe it or not - that is what happened last year to us when we went :o

I agree, it's very unlikely you can get a good deal if you wait until last minute.
Last year i was taking my OH to Amsterdam for the weekend and BA had some good deals when i searched so i organized for my parents to have the kids, she arranged time off work and when i went to book 3 days later the price was three times more expensive, so they had obviously had quite a few bookings and ended the offers. We flew KLM in the end.

jood Jan 29th 2007 11:07 am

We've never found anyone cheaper than Canadian Affair. Sometimes it pays to hang on a while 'cos they come up with offers every so often. If you book within 3 weeks (I think) of flying they add and extra few dollars - around $15 - as a late booking fee. Zoom don't do this, and you can print your tickets on-line.
www.canadianaffair.com

www.flyzoom.com

:)

YYZlover Jan 29th 2007 1:50 pm

I had a look at those sites, zoom canadian affairs etc. They only allow 20kg luggage and 5kg carry on. And just as all other lowcost airlines they will sting you badly on excess baggage.

I would stick to other airlines like United, Air Canada, BA etc as they normally allow more luggage and more weight on carry on. No way I'll check in a DSLR, Digital Video Camera, a £1400 laptop (I'm a mac user) and portable printer.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, United and some fares on AC will allow for ticket changes incase you book a return. United also allow stop overs so you could have a day sight seeing on your way over in a US city. Ofcourse they charge but £50 - £100 is a small fee to pay for that.

sixofus! Jan 29th 2007 1:54 pm

i WOULD LOVE A DAYS sighseeing, but we have kids with us and dont want them to have to go on too many long flights!

we are going to florida also in may / june for 3 weeks, so dont want to put them off, dragging them all over in easter time.

Nice thought though......Parents have offered to look after them but i want them to feel included its a big move!

terri x

printer Jan 29th 2007 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by YYZlover (Post 4337842)
I had a look at those sites, zoom canadian affairs etc. They only allow 20kg luggage and 5kg carry on. And just as all other lowcost airlines they will sting you badly on excess baggage.

If you pay the upgrade for Zoom premier, which is worth it for the legroom then the baggage allowance is 30kg. Cannot say about the others but possibly the same if upgrades are available.

Piff Poff Jan 29th 2007 10:34 pm

[QUOTE=YYZlover;4337842]I had a look at those sites, zoom canadian affairs etc. They only allow 20kg luggage and 5kg carry on. And just as all other lowcost airlines they will sting you badly on excess baggage.

When we flew Canadian Affair they only charged me five pounds something per Kilo over - still worked out cheaper than using someone else with a bigger luggage allowance.