Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So whats going on then

So whats going on then

Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:51 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So whats going on then

Originally Posted by macmike41
Yes but the Mac covers up all those delusions of grandure so the police turn a 'blind eye' when they see the half eaten apple on your collar - not speaking from
experience here, its just what I've been told been a friend.
I'd imagine it's too cold for this sort of activity in Canada in the Winter ??? Frost bite is nasty at best, but .....owwww :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Just comming into my first winter here and so I will make sure all the essential bits are well insulated from the cold - but from the stories I hear about frozen tears in the eyes and nose hairs I think I will be spending most of my time indoors with a good book and a bottle of Baileys.

Originally Posted by SirTainly
I'd imagine it's too cold for this sort of activity in Canada in the Winter ??? Frost bite is nasty at best, but .....owwww :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:42 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by macmike41
Just comming into my first winter here and so I will make sure all the essential bits are well insulated from the cold - but from the stories I hear about frozen tears in the eyes and nose hairs I think I will be spending most of my time indoors with a good book and a bottle of Baileys.
Sounds a good plan to me Sadly I'll be out and about when I visit, plenty of people and places to visit. Going to buy some nice warm stuff so I don't become the next ice sculpture!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Sounds a good plan to me Sadly I'll be out and about when I visit, plenty of people and places to visit. Going to buy some nice warm stuff so I don't become the next ice sculpture!
Just don't stick your tongue to any metal objects like I did as a kid in Winnipeg....ouch!!! and don't forget your toque!!!!

When are you coming to Canada and what part are you visiting?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah....never for the true and dedicated flasher even in Canada
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Plenty fo Mac knowledge..all of it negative Just shows the weeding out process is working!
Nah.....just shows that certain software engineers just can't quite grasp the complexities and intricities of the working of a superior machine....but we still like you even if you show poor taste in judgement. Just proves that they are even letting in the "riff raff".....
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:28 pm
The Green Engine

Originally Posted by willmore
Just don't stick your tongue to any metal objects like I did as a kid in Winnipeg....ouch!!! and don't forget your toque!!!!

When are you coming to Canada and what part are you visiting?
Yeah have to get a new toque, lost my last one at uni grrr

Will be in Calgary 15 - 19 Jan then Edmonton until the 22nd. I'm going to see just how cold -40 really is -24 was ok in short sleeves for about 20-30 mins when I worked in a supermarket freezer.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:29 pm
The Green Engine

Nah.....just shows that certain software engineers just can't quite grasp the complexities and intricities of the working of a superior machine....but we still like you even if you show poor taste in judgement. Just proves that they are even letting in the "riff raff".....
If mac people are so great why aren't they driving the taxis and delivering the pizzas ???
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If mac people are so great why aren't they driving the taxis and delivering the pizzas ???
My goodness, we are of such superior intelligence to ever be doing that....we leave that to the PC users of the world.

Last edited by willmore; Nov 18th 2004 at 6:18 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:51 pm
The Green Engine

My goodness, we are of such superior intelligence to ever be doing that....we leave that to the PC users of the world.
So as a PC using immigrant, I'll be sweeping up after the Mounties' horses ???
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So as a PC using immigrant, I'll be sweeping up after the Mounties' horses ???
Now, that does sound like a "perfect fit" doesn't it?