Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So tell me everyone, where should we live???

So tell me everyone, where should we live???

Old Jun 26th 2004, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: Lethbridge

Originally posted by port7
Doesn't Lethbridge have a high Mormon population?
There are lots of Mormons in all of Southern Alberta, including Calgary. I knew many at university.

The temple (I suppose the "Mormon HQ") is in Cardston which is quite close to Lethbridge.

Also a familiar sight throughout southern Alberta are Hutterites and Hutterite colonies. I am fascinated with the history of these and have visited a few.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Karate Kev will become famous soon enoughKarate Kev will become famous soon enough
Default re; CalgaryAMC

Hi Calgary,

I just replied to your 'We're Moving' post - the very best of luck to you. But who's gonna continue to give me the 'lowdown' on all the Calgary and Alberta info???

Kev.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: re; CalgaryAMC

Originally posted by Karate Kev
But who's gonna continue to give me the 'lowdown' on all the Calgary and Alberta info???
Well at the rate I'm going on getting things organized, I won't be out of here before Christmas! When presented with packing boxes and lists of services to cancel, I am consistently overcome with an unexplainable lethargy.

I am flattered that my Calgary info has been of some interest though! I'll keep providing it after I leave until it becomes outdated. I'm sure the other Calgary folks on here will let me know when my tips are stale.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Karate Kev will become famous soon enoughKarate Kev will become famous soon enough
Default re;

But as far as i know, you're one of the only Calgary-based members who's been chatting to me.

Perhaps i'l start a new thread at some point, specifically asking for Calgarians to answer. But as i said, the very best of luck to you and yours - i'm a firm believer in that things happen because they're supposed to.

Take care,

Kev.