Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So many balls to keep in the air

So many balls to keep in the air

Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:42 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So many balls to keep in the air

Originally Posted by fledermaus

So how come this thread is different from the one I started and why the vitriol from TinyTears?
Please let this drop. OP is asking about how to get organised, which is nothing to do with what I did or did not do yesterday.

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:43 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

<flounce alert>
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinytears
Thats a good idea, I have a magnetic calendar attached to my fridge but have no idea where the pen is (disorganised chaos and all that).

You are right not prioritising is probably a much better thing to do less pressure that way.

Maybe I will do away with my printed calander and assigned tasks and do it that way instead!

Thanks.
I meant to say the trick for me is to prioritise, but my sister just likes to make a list and work her way though it regardless of priority. Personally I think being organised is a gene thing, we are either born with it or without. lol
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:45 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Please let this drop. OP is asking about how to get organised, which is nothing to do with what I did or did not do yesterday.

Thanks
Thank you Sue, was just about to type the same but you beat me too it, the irony was in the title, I know from previous threads Novo doesn't like cliche's but it just summed up how I was feeling, nothing malicious and certainly nothing to get a pair of nickers in a twist about. I'm am sure that Novo under these circumstances doesn't mind me taking his name in vein and that there was no malicious intent, sadly it seems that someone else just doesn't seem to get that concept at all!

As I said yesterday I will not be bullied into not posting because of a few.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sue
I meant to say the trick for me is to prioritise, but my sister just likes to make a list and work her way though it regardless of priority. Personally I think being organised is a gene thing, we are either born with it or without. lol
Aha, that makes sense although I have to say maybe it all being on just one long list may make better sense especially if it is somewhere visible.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Sue, was just about to type the same but you beat me too it, the irony was in the title, I know from previous threads Novo doesn't like cliche's but it just summed up how I was feeling, nothing malicious and certainly nothing to get a pair of nickers in a twist about. I'm am sure that Novo under these circumstances doesn't mind me taking his name in vein and that there was no malicious intent, sadly it seems that someone else just doesn't seem to get that concept at all!

As I said yesterday I will not be bullied into not posting because of a few.
Might I suggest you just drop it too?

My skin is thicker then a rhino ass, but not everyone's like that.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Might I suggest you just drop it too?

My skin is thicker then a rhino ass, but not everyone's like that.
I honestly would like nothing more. It is all rather boring and tedious now.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:07 pm
Born again atheist

Zyzzogeton.

And that's the last word!

<at least it is in my edition of Webster's>
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

And finally I would like to restate. FOR THE RECORD.

I did not start the IF thread to pick on anyone, to take the proverbial.

I value my integrity and object to anyone thinking that I might do such a thing. Closing the thread does not confirm that my intentions were malicious.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus
And finally I would like to restate. FOR THE RECORD.

I did not start the IF thread to pick on anyone, to take the proverbial.

I value my integrity and object to anyone thinking that I might do such a thing. Closing the thread does not confirm that my intentions were malicious.
OK.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, that makes sense although I have to say maybe it all being on just one long list may make better sense especially if it is somewhere visible.
I suppose it depends on how much you need to do,

Couldn't get everything on one long list unless it was on a loo roll
Find it quite exciting actually and it does make you focus as you know no one else will do it for you, although i do agree deligate where you can,

On top of emigrating we are doing a house reno here so have loads on with that, unfourtunately we need to do this to sell ( fingers crossed )

Not sure what we will do about our company to be honest wonder if its worth keeping it going even if its just on companies house as we have just paid for another year anyway, i assume like you we will need to let our accountant deal with all the vat and company tax etc after we have gone

The WIKI list is a godsend and thank goodness we have the WIKI to refer to
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I suppose it depends on how much you need to do,

Couldn't get everything on one long list unless it was on a loo roll
Find it quite exciting actually and it does make you focus as you know no one else will do it for you, although i do agree deligate where you can,

On top of emigrating we are doing a house reno here so have loads on with that, unfourtunately we need to do this to sell ( fingers crossed )

Not sure what we will do about our company to be honest wonder if its worth keeping it going even if its just on companies house as we have just paid for another year anyway, i assume like you we will need to let our accountant deal with all the vat and company tax etc after we have gone

The WIKI list is a godsend and thank goodness we have the WIKI to refer to

Our business is our route in (hopefully) and so we need to keep it going in the UK, it is all rather complicated. We are keeping an office here too and a distribution hub so closing it down isn't an option for us (plus it needs to carry on supporting us whilst we set up in Canada).

The WIKI is brilliant, there were things on that list that I'd never even thought of.

All I've done is work on the business plan, which will (hopefully) be finished very shortly and then I will get my teeth into everything else. It feels funny doing it all without the TWP in our hands.

Hope the renovations go well, any idea when you are going yet?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Our business is our route in (hopefully) and so we need to keep it going in the UK, it is all rather complicated. We are keeping an office here too and a distribution hub so closing it down isn't an option for us (plus it needs to carry on supporting us whilst we set up in Canada).

The WIKI is brilliant, there were things on that list that I'd never even thought of.

All I've done is work on the business plan, which will (hopefully) be finished very shortly and then I will get my teeth into everything else. It feels funny doing it all without the TWP in our hands.

Hope the renovations go well, any idea when you are going yet?
Sorry TT i only just had notification of your reply, tried to PM but wont let me ?

Reno still ongoing very slowly because of the oil spill and all that but i am still getting everything else done so a plus there,

Going as soon as the house sales when that will be who knows
Good luck with everything, its definately a case of so many balls to juggle eh