Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So hands up who's in Calgary?

So hands up who's in Calgary?

Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:29 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So hands up who's in Calgary?

Wassup Smelly? Why aren't you sleeping??
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:31 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
exhausted ...............(insomnia) try and get some sleep more like

Is the OH still in Possession of all his Faculties?
eh?[/QUOTE]

He seemed a little stressed when we saw him last.
BTW how were the fireworks?
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
eh?
He seemed a little stressed when we saw him last.
BTW how were the fireworks?[/QUOTE]

Fireworks were cool.

Canmore was a bit of a rip off. Hotel was lovely, food was ok but paid a little more than London prices, which I found amazing.

OH has chilled now........he tried to talk me down a double diamond black run that afternoon (after the Mad Trapper watering hole) by saying look how fluffy the snow looks it will be no problem, with which I replied "yeah right" .:scared: .
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

he tried to talk me down a double diamond black run that afternoon (after the Mad Trapper watering hole) by saying look how fluffy the snow looks it will be no problem, with which I replied "yeah right" .:scared: .
I must try that one next time, maybe thats where Iam going wrong .

Rgds Scotty
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:19 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

I'm a brit in Calgary, until 22Feb that is. Then its off to Australia !!!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the address of the Kensington pub a bit wrong, which is really stupid cause I used to live there, (must be my insomnia).

So here goes second attempt

Kensington Pub is in the NW, and it's on 10A Street.

It is on the corner of 10a street and Kensington Road which is a block west of 10th street.

Thanks Judy
Hey Smelly,
I just replied to your message. Ignore it, coz the venue has been selected.
Looking forward to the 26th January.
Cheers.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adrian7
Hey Smelly,
I just replied to your message. Ignore it, coz the venue has been selected.
Looking forward to the 26th January.
Cheers.
Great see you then.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

will be in calgary area at this time. and its the day before my birthday. so we may try and pop across. hopefully this time next year will b there for good.

Scott (on Cara's log in)
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
will be in calgary area at this time. and its the day before my birthday. so we may try and pop across. hopefully this time next year will b there for good.

Scott (on Cara's log in)
Great something to celebrate.

Its my birthday just over a week after that so if you make it, I will join you for a few may as well start the celebrations early.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Its my birthday just over a week after that so if you make it, I will join you for a few may as well start the celebrations early.
just out of interest, what price is beer in calgary these days?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
just out of interest, what price is beer in calgary these days?
Umm now there's a question, that I will probably get wrong but will give it a go.

In the kensington pub if I remember rightly cause it was my local over the summer it was around 5-6 bucks. And that was for Kokanee Gold, Rickards Red, Honey Brown etc........ Happy hour they usually knock off around a dollar or offer a deal on a one of the beers.

For a large wine it is around the same.

Pitcher.......ummm not sure.

Last edited by Mountain Girl; Jan 9th 2007 at 2:58 pm. Reason: what the hell is going on with the spell check? must just be me
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:49 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Wow, quite a few of us in Calgary all born around the same time. Make sure you have a for me, my B'day is 29 Jan but as I have said previously I am celebrating in the UK. Think my Hubby will be joining you all though. Please be nice to him, he is bound to be a bit lonely by then
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

This meet up is still going ahead................

Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:10 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Wow, quite a few of us in Calgary all born around the same time.
Hey me too; mine's next week!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Hey me too; mine's next week!
what date is yours? Mines the 4th Feb?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.