Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So hands up who's in Calgary?

So hands up who's in Calgary?

Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default So hands up who's in Calgary?

Fancy a meet up in the New year? To wash away those winter blues

and for those coming down from altitude to swap ski stories

I was thinking towards the end of Jan, to give enough time for planning and organising.

I can only think of a couple of you these days as a few have stopped posting.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:27 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So hands up who's in Calgary?

Originally Posted by smelly
Fancy a meet up in the New year? To wash away those winter blues

and for those coming down from altitude to swap ski stories

I was thinking towards the end of Jan, to give enough time for planning and organising.

I can only think of a couple of you these days as a few have stopped posting.
How much extra beer can you buy when you don't pay PST? damn you and your rich fields of oil.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
How much extra beer can you buy when you don't pay PST? damn you and your rich fields of oil.
Considerably more beer than you!

Was going to work it out but I cant be Bovvered.........
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:48 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

For such a rich province its a shame they can't clean them roads!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:10 am
Just Joined

rajanmahadevan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
For such a rich province its a shame they can't clean them roads!
I could not agree with you more. I thought the US was bad in this matter but its leagues ahead of Calgary. These guys don't even clear the Trans-Canada highway in Calgary
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:41 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rajanmahadevan
I could not agree with you more. I thought the US was bad in this matter but its leagues ahead of Calgary. These guys don't even clear the Trans-Canada highway in Calgary
As recently as last winter, city crews would be on the main roads at 4.00 a.m. and 5.00 a.m., clearing them in time for morning rush hour, if there had been a snowfall. I have been shocked at the city's lack of performance in this regard this winter. However, another thread has brought to light a possible explanation, namely, the shortage of workers during the current boom.

As I stated in the thread to which I've provided a link, even some Calgary hotels have had to close some of their floors for lack of cleaning staff. I know some service businesses that have reduced their operating hours because they cannot get enough staff to stay open for as many hours as they did before.

If the bottom falls out of this boom and it turns into a bust, as I witnessed in Calgary once before, and if that bust unfolds as the previous one did, let me assure you that service in Calgary will be impeccable -- but you may not have a job. Such is the cyclical nature of a resource-based economy.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

I really should just give up honestly!!!!!

Are there an Calgarian's out there that fancy a meet up???
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

angelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really nice

Yes please!!!

But I won't be there until next autumn at the earliest...can you get them in?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:13 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any Calgarian's out there that fancy a meet up???
ROFL .... see you on the 21st
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:16 pm
Jedi

Haha i apologise for lighting that fuse! Life can get dull in a 'have not' province. I'd come, but the roads are piled high with snow which havent been cleared for years...maybe in the summer

Last edited by andrewrb143; Dec 8th 2006 at 2:19 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:32 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm does'nt seem to be many Calgarians talking to us anymore sadly.Maybe their busey with the weather or time of year or maybe they just fed up with us
Old Dec 9th 2006, 12:56 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hiya

Might be up for that, but it depends when in Jan you are talking about as I am off to Blighty for a couple of weeks at the end of Jan. Hubby may be interested though.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

angelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really nice

Yeeehahhhh...we're one step closer....we sold the house (or at least, got an offer and accepted it) yesterday!

Hub will find out next week if he gets a transfer, or at least be a bit closer to finding out. If the answer is yes, we're motoring!

Still can't come out until September, as I'm putting in for early exit from work and that's the earliest I'll be able to leave...so maybe in October I'll be taking you up on the offer of a drink!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really nice

[Hub and I will be up for a drink or two!!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel

I fancy one but wont be there for a good few months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.