SIN card

Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of
Default SIN card

We lived in BC on temporary visas in 2000/01. We are moving to NB next month. Obviously in BC we had SIN cards. My question is will we need the old SIN card numbers when we apply for our SIN cards in NB? I think we still have the old cards somewhere. Would they give us the same number again or would we start from scratch?

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:54 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SIN card

Originally Posted by luvmykids
We lived in BC on temporary visas in 2000/01. We are moving to NB next month. Obviously in BC we had SIN cards. My question is will we need the old SIN card numbers when we apply for our SIN cards in NB? I think we still have the old cards somewhere. Would they give us the same number again or would we start from scratch?

Thanks
If you mean you left and came back again now with PPR then you will need a new card anyway - TWP sin cards begin with a "9", PPR ones do not.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

OK, that's great, so I don't need to dig the old numbers out then?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:17 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvmykids
OK, that's great, so I don't need to dig the old numbers out then?
I doubt it - if you go see them when you get here, tell them you previously had numbers, they should be able to find you on the system anyway.

:0)
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:20 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I doubt it - if you go see them when you get here, tell them you previously had numbers, they should be able to find you on the system anyway.

:0)
AS above - if you're coming back in another TWP then you'll get reissued the same SIN number that starts with a 9, regardless of whether you have your original card. However if you come on a PR you'll get a new one that doesn't start with a 9.

Last edited by Hobbess; Jun 9th 2009 at 1:23 pm.