Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Silly things I LOVE about Canada

Silly things I LOVE about Canada

Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:09 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of
Default Re: Silly things I LOVE about Canada

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
Things I love about Canada...

Ay!
People who don't get on the subway, as there are no seats left!
You can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger
The view of Downtown Toronto from Lake Ontario
-20 and there isn't a cloud in the sky
My Canadian blokey There I said it...
Tristan and America or Club Monaco

I'm going back to the UK for a week on Friday. I don't want to go, but it's also tinged a bit with homesickness for me.

Actually, what surprised me most about this is how quickly you get used to the place you live, I tend to take for granted being here a lot more than I used to.
The UK eh? Which country?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:11 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deeana
But they sure are purty!
You are such a girly!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

deeana is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You are such a girly!

???
Old Jun 16th 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Christmas tree lights on many of the houses from the day after haloween until well after Easter
They're still there in Alta Vista, Ottawa, where we live. But not switched on. The people renting our house before we moved in still had a decorated Christmas tree in the lounge when we came to look at the place, this was the last week of April.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:00 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
The UK eh? Which country?

Engerland!

Someone asked me (A Canadian natch) whether I thought I was English or British. I'm from Yorkshire (Gods own county) orginally, and I see myself as both.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Snave
They're still there in Alta Vista, Ottawa, where we live. But not switched on. The people renting our house before we moved in still had a decorated Christmas tree in the lounge when we came to look at the place, this was the last week of April.
I hope you did the decent thing and shot them?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: Silly things I LOVE about Canada

this hole thread is making me soooooooooo home sick, just about everything mentioned here is what i miss two !timmy hortons, rickers red , seeing the sun go down over toronto,the hole pizza and beer thing,how fresh everything is on a crisp winters morning. and soo soo much more,can't wait to come home
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:04 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you did the decent thing and shot them?

Under the rules of my condo association I'm not allowed to keep Christmas decorations up outside after the 26th January

As a suspicious Catholic, I'd be taking them down on the 6th anyway...
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickybum
this hole thread is making me soooooooooo home sick, just about everything mentioned here is what i miss two !timmy hortons, rickers red , seeing the sun go down over toronto,the hole pizza and beer thing,how fresh everything is on a crisp winters morning. and soo soo much more,can't wait to come home
Here's the sun coming down over Toronto. The tower is the incinerator chimney, the sewage outlet marker buoy ("the shit stick") is on the far right of the picture. I hope this does something for the homesickness.

We have our Christmas decorations up. Saves a lot of messing around in the snow.
Attached Thumbnails Silly things I LOVE about Canada-115_1536.jpg  

Last edited by dbd33; Jun 16th 2005 at 6:33 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

chips will become famous soon enoughchips will become famous soon enough

the yard sales are kinda neat as well.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:32 pm

Under the rules of my condo association I'm not allowed to keep Christmas decorations up outside after the 26th January

As a suspicious Catholic, I'd be taking them down on the 6th anyway...
Without wanting to be too intrusive, can I hazard a guess that you live somewhere in the Dorval/Rebecca vicinity?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:46 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Without wanting to be too intrusive, can I hazard a guess that you live somewhere in the Dorval/Rebecca vicinity?

How did you guess?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

deeana is on a distinguished road

Stampede breakfasts with sausages and maple syrup - for free - in downtown Calgary!

Oil executives in white 10 gallon hats and cowboy boots!!

Bales of hay in the foyer of the Royal Bank of Canada!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dbd33
Here's the sun coming down over Toronto. The tower is the incinerator chimney, the sewage outlet marker buoy ("the shit stick") is on the far right of the picture. I hope this does something for the homesickness.

We have our Christmas decorations up. Saves a lot of messing around in the snow.
yeah thanks that about did it lol
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:58 pm

How did you guess?
From earlier posts, plus the fact that I lived in that area for several years (about 100 yards from your place, if I'm really spot-on with your location; I can think of only one set of condos around there).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.