Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Signing off this site unless a miracle happens

Signing off this site unless a miracle happens

Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Signing off this site unless a miracle happens

Hi

Will be signing out of this forum unless a miracle happens. CHC in their wisdom have decided we are not suitable applicants to move to Canada, because our daughter is medically unfit according to them. She is being treated for Growth Hormone deficiency, which is not life threatening and she decided to have the treatment of her own volition. Her treatment is quite expensive, but is due to finish sometime next year AT THE LATEST.

We got a Consultants report confirming this and sent a letter stating stating that we will not be move to Canada until her treatment is completed.

She was never going to be a burden on the Canadian health system as they have stated. That is a load of bollocks!

We have spent over £2k in fees, medicals, french lessons and god knows what other associated things for NOWT, Sweet FA, diddly squat and put our lives on hold for over 2 years.

Well if that is how they treat would be applicant then CHC can get stuffed. The system is just a crooked money making machine, run by a bunch of faceless incompetents, who cannot read anything that is sent to them and put two and two together in a logical manner.

They would rather make irrational decisions based upon their own inadequate knowledge over that of a report from a world renowned Consultant Endocrinologist.

The system stinks.

Graham
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:37 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future
Default Re: Signing off this site unless a miracle happens

Very sorry to hear

Its way too early to give up after you have waited so long.

As my immigration consultant said to me " If Canadian Immigration Officers are any guide to real Canadian people....than no-one would move to that country"

Hang in there...no doubt this is a big shock to your plans.....but look at options and get advice (professional if necessary) as to how you can fight/appeal/etc etc this decision.

sorry can't be any more help but like i say....don't throw in the towel because some twat at CHC can't understand a medical situation.

Good Luck
Mans
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:42 pm
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of

Everyone here will probably advise you on the same thing you need to appeal their decision.

You are too far down the line to give up now for such a trivial problem. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully the bloke who made the decision will be forced to change his decision.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mans
Very sorry to hear

Its way too early to give up after you have waited so long.

As my immigration consultant said to me " If Canadian Immigration Officers are any guide to real Canadian people....than no-one would move to that country"

Hang in there...no doubt this is a big shock to your plans.....but look at options and get advice (professional if necessary) as to how you can fight/appeal/etc etc this decision.

sorry can't be any more help but like i say....don't throw in the towel because some twat at CHC can't understand a medical situation.

Good Luck
Mans
Andrew Miller seems to think we are stuffed, but there again he is always the pessimist, but I do not hold out much hope as the effing prats at CHC very rarely change their decision, even if there is a logical answer to their initial refusal.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C
Hi

Will be signing out of this forum unless a miracle happens. CHC in their wisdom have decided we are not suitable applicants to move to Canada, because our daughter is medically unfit according to them. She is being treated for Growth Hormone deficiency, which is not life threatening and she decided to have the treatment of her own volition. Her treatment is quite expensive, but is due to finish sometime next year AT THE LATEST.

We got a Consultants report confirming this and sent a letter stating stating that we will not be move to Canada until her treatment is completed.

She was never going to be a burden on the Canadian health system as they have stated. That is a load of bollocks!

We have spent over £2k in fees, medicals, french lessons and god knows what other associated things for NOWT, Sweet FA, diddly squat and put our lives on hold for over 2 years.

Well if that is how they treat would be applicant then CHC can get stuffed. The system is just a crooked money making machine, run by a bunch of faceless incompetents, who cannot read anything that is sent to them and put two and two together in a logical manner.

They would rather make irrational decisions based upon their own inadequate knowledge over that of a report from a world renowned Consultant Endocrinologist.

The system stinks.

Graham
Agreed, that is total bullsh*t, esp. after 2 years of waiting to hear something.

On a positive note, you have to ask yourself the question, do you really want to live in a country with such discriminatory immigration practices.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by neill
Agreed, that is total bullsh*t, esp. after 2 years of waiting to hear something.

On a positive note, you have to ask yourself the question, do you really want to live in a country with such discriminatory immigration practices.
Yes I am starting to wonder.

Really annoyed and pi**ed off with CHC and Canada at the moment, but I am sure I will calm down and reflect on the sitauation logically in a short while....or maybe not!

The bastards have screwed us for all that money and wasted our time for what....an illogical decision.

Sorry about the language folks
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:58 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neill
you have to ask yourself the question, do you really want to live in a country with such discriminatory immigration practices.
I know I do.

Gray, investigate the appeal option, the CIC decision is obviously bullshit, and as you say, you have already invested a lot.

AM is not always right (I can hear the collective gasp of horror that I would say such heresy here!). I remember he flat out told one guy he would never get a work permit as a high school grad computer game rendering artist, and that guy is now happily working in Montreal.

Good Luck whatever happens, you deserve better!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Qfragger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

The system stinks.

Graham
Hey Gray c,

My family and I know what you are going through at the moment. We got the nasty no thanks letter in April 2003. Not because of any kinda medical but because of the massive rule change in June 28th 2002. We applied under the old rule in Jan 2002 but was assessed under the new rules so we no longer qualified. The only way to get the extra points was to study in Canada for two years which we are doing now.

Just think about it and apply again if you can stomach the heartache, but possible very bright future.

I hope all goes well for you in the end.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

My suggestion is to send back in the report from your endocrinologist as well as a second opinion from another with a cover letter stating they must have missed this in the medical packet and restate that the treatment will be completed in a year. You and I both know they lose half the paper you send them, so they probably never even looked at it the first time. Sending it again will bring it to the top and force them to read it. You have nothing to lose by doing this and the potential to get them to reverse their decision.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear that Gray C This is coming from someone who was also rejected after 2 years. I know, it sucks. We're currently working on Plan B & C at the moment.

In your situation I would seriously look at the appeals procedure. That is outrageous of CHC considering your daughter will be finishing treatment soon. I think there is a time limit of 90 days to appeal though? I'm sure one of the more expert among us will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:27 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry to hear your news. Is there any chance you can lodge an appeal then spin out the appeal process until the treatment is finished?

I guess from their point of view (however ill informed) they have no GUARANTEE that the treatment will be finished before you head over to Canada. There does not seem to be any mechanism for individual cases in government procedures
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting, because the senior technical director where I work emigrated from Scotland to Canada 25 years ago. I asked him why he chose Canada. His first preference was Australia, but they rejected him and his family on medical grounds -- his son is autistic. When they checked out Canadian immigration they found that the immigration policies allowed them to immigrate no problem. They have been here ever since.

I guess things have changed in 25 years.

Yes I am starting to wonder.

Really annoyed and pi**ed off with CHC and Canada at the moment, but I am sure I will calm down and reflect on the sitauation logically in a short while....or maybe not!

The bastards have screwed us for all that money and wasted our time for what....an illogical decision.

Sorry about the language folks
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:14 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Gray,
This is terrible news
Make sure you appeal it and get what you deserve. Don't listen to some of the so called experts on here, I was told that I wouldn't get in by one of them!
Will it be worth signing up with an agency? (make sure its a good one if there is such a thing?!?) Somone who can take on your case and fight for you? Could mean more money though
Don't let the bastards get you down mate.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

I wish someone would then explain why the following applies to family class, refugees and the like and not under skilled worker applications (taken directly from cic.gc.ca website):

WHAT'S NEW

Excessive demand exemption Family Class sponsored spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and their dependent children, and convention refugees and persons in need of protection and their dependents, will not be refused entry if they have a health condition that places excessive demand on health or social services.

Surely that's discriminatory against skilled worker applicants?

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation Gray. I know you must be feeling awful at the moment. I think you need to take some time to think through your options for the future for your family and self. An appeal may be your only option at the moment.

What about going for a work permit and reapplying from within Canada - you'd then have evidence to back up that your child isn't a drain on the healthcare system by the time your application came through.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sysclp
My suggestion is to send back in the report from your endocrinologist as well as a second opinion from another with a cover letter stating they must have missed this in the medical packet and restate that the treatment will be completed in a year. You and I both know they lose half the paper you send them, so they probably never even looked at it the first time. Sending it again will bring it to the top and force them to read it. You have nothing to lose by doing this and the potential to get them to reverse their decision.
I have resent the report from the Endocrinologist and highlighted his comments regarding timescales for her treatment and also a copy of our letter stating we intend to stay here until her treatment is completed. The Consultant has offered to get a separate report for us, but I am going to use that for the appeal if I get another refusal.

The thing is, our daughter does not have to have the treatment and can come off it at any time if she wants to, but we are not encouraging her to do this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.