Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Should we forget it, and move on?.. help

Should we forget it, and move on?.. help

Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Should we forget it, and move on?.. help

Hi all,

Using this thread in the hope of some inspirational advice..

After recently receiving our 2nd application pack back from cic (unsuccessful due to cap 3152 being full.... )

My wife and I are at a bit of a crossroads...
We are contemplating putting Canada on the backburner for the moment and move house..
As we are a bit deflated and fed up putting things off due to our plans to immigrate...

We still see our ourselves immigrating and we will try again..and again until we do, but just dont want to be constantly living in limbo for years to come.

So the positives for this move :-
- Closer to in-laws = help with raising kids
- Good experience (in a way) for Canada, as we would live in a new area, have new jobs etc..

Negatives for this move:-
- We would be using mostly all our saved proof of funds (house deposit etc)
- (Major one ) The uncertainty of being tied in to a mortgage and the risk of our house not selling, OR not being able to use the equity from the house for proof of funds in future applications?...

Its maybe an unanswerable question! but any people out there with similar dilemas / outcomes and can give some advice would be extremely appreciated!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we forget it, and move on?.. help

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi all,

Using this thread in the hope of some inspirational advice..

After recently receiving our 2nd application pack back from cic (unsuccessful due to cap 3152 being full.... )

My wife and I are at a bit of a crossroads...
We are contemplating putting Canada on the backburner for the moment and move house..
As we are a bit deflated and fed up putting things off due to our plans to immigrate...

We still see our ourselves immigrating and we will try again..and again until we do, but just dont want to be constantly living in limbo for years to come.

So the positives for this move :-
- Closer to in-laws = help with raising kids
- Good experience (in a way) for Canada, as we would live in a new area, have new jobs etc..

Negatives for this move:-
- We would be using mostly all our saved proof of funds (house deposit etc)
- (Major one ) The uncertainty of being tied in to a mortgage and the risk of our house not selling, OR not being able to use the equity from the house for proof of funds in future applications?...

Its maybe an unanswerable question! but any people out there with similar dilemas / outcomes and can give some advice would be extremely appreciated!
Not sure what to suggest as we came over on Provincial Nomination so it wasn't a case of too many applications.
I hope you work out what to do and think it would be a shame to give up but only you can decide.
We're loving the change in life style and the "adventure" so long may it continue.

Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me I would sell the house and rent to give you more time to make up your mind. Then you get to keep your money that you would use for the move and also it means if you do then decide that Canada is what you want to do and you get in then you are good to go.

Just an idea?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice (sorry), but I do have two questions if you don't mind.

Your noc code is for registered nurses if I'm not mistaken. Can you remember the date you sent off your application, and do you know how many applications CIC had accepted when you sent it?

I ask as my wife is going to apply as the principal applicant under that code next year, and it would be useful info for us.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by scribe123; Dec 7th 2011 at 1:43 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

[QUOTE=chrisparr;9775639]Hi there,

I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice (sorry), but I do have two questions if you don't mind.

Your noc code is for registered nurses if I'm not mistaken. Can you remember the date you sent off your application, and do you know how many applications CIC had accepted when you sent it?

I ask as my wife is going to apply as the principal applicant under that code next year, and it would be useful info for us.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

Hi, funny you should ask that.
On the Cic website, 'the list' had only reached 340 (ish).. so im a little confused as to why we have been told it was full?. I presume the numbers / list hadn't been updated and no other sinister reason...

We sent our forms on Fri 5th august. Received on the following wed I think?..
Old Dec 7th 2011, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww c'mon Alan, I was only joking about being ahead in the race to canada, lol

I agree with Geordie lass, rent somewhere for now. It's not like you'll be pushed to find a house for sale in the future if you do decide to give up on the Canada move

That's what we'll be doing next spring. How nice will it be to be sitting in a house that you don't owe anything on, and having a big pile of cash in the bank gathering some interest.

In todays climate, we will actually be saving/making more money NOT owning our house.

And it will make it much easier to both move to Canada quickly, and to be super choosy about your next house purchase over here. It's win-win!

I reckon if you buy another house here, you won't re-visit the Canada idea for another 5 years or so.

This is our third "visit to the idea", and regret not being able to do it the last two times. We encountered some hurdles 15 years ago, and again 5 years ago (totally made up times because I can't remember, lol) We have absolutely no doubt that it's what we want to do now and are willing to get over any future hurdles.

You both need to sit down and remind yourselves why you wanted to do this in the first place. Has anything happened to change that? or are you just in a huff with Canada

Dave
Old Dec 7th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, funny you should ask that.
On the Cic website, 'the list' had only reached 340 (ish).. so im a little confused as to why we have been told it was full?. I presume the numbers / list hadn't been updated and no other sinister reason...

We sent our forms on Fri 5th august. Received on the following wed I think?..
Thanks for that.

The number they quote is for complete (i.e. valid) applications. If they published 340 they could still have had a pile of 1000 to check.

As I said, we're applying under the same noc code and our application will be winging it's way to them the second the quota is reset. I just hope 500 + other applicants don't have the same idea. That said I heard they may be upping the numbers next year, I just hope RN is still on the list.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

my 5 cents: buying a house now, would tie you in way too much..if you are serious about wanting to leave sooner than later.

Don't know where in Canada you want to go...but..don't get fixed on the federal skilled program...look at PNP!

I gather one of you is nurse..what about the other one?

cheers
Ilse
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

And I just wanted to add that it's not *Impossible* to get a job over there from here. My hubby has managed it - we are awaiting LMO. There is more than one way into Canada.

Even if this LMO is negative - we are going to start again... and keep going until we get in!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Appreciate all replies so far,

Yeah I agree buying a house isn't the actions of people who plan on immigrating. But we (more me) are fed up waiting an unknown amount of time, and puttung things off.
(we thought we were 1st on our way to Alberta 2008!)

We are both unsettled where we are, and feel a move to east of Scotland mite refresh things for us.

The choices / dilema is:
1. We stay mortgage free where we are, apply again nxt july, BUT.... who's to say we will get accepted?! That's another year of uncertainty and putting our lives on hold....

2. Buy a house nearer family, will have mortgage but still apply for canada and use equity in house as proof of funds... when/ if we ever do get accepted..

Hmmm
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

TaffCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a cap on amount of applications?

Would you consider getting an immigration lawyer in Canada? Do it this end.... via a work permit then do PR this end?

T
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, and we are pretty much looking at fed skilled worker as our route in, as it is (as far as I'm aware) the only route which would give me (not the main applicant) permanent residence status straight away.
I.e. provincial nominee, I would have to wait 2years until I have this status.
I unfortunately don't know too much about LMO's.

And the reason I'm focussed on me having perm residence as it is a requirement for certain jobs etc.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by TaffCan

Would you consider getting an immigration lawyer in Canada? Do it this end.... via a work permit then do PR this end?

T

Yes, there is a cap on the list of "29" eligible occupations for FSW1
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TaffCan

T
Hi T,

What would this method involve ? I presume pay a lawyer to deal with all papers /applications regarding a temporary work permit?
How does this method then lead us to jobs / perm residence, and how long would it take?..

Last edited by alcat2010; Dec 7th 2011 at 6:41 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Thanks for that.

The number they quote is for complete (i.e. valid) applications. If they published 340 they could still have had a pile of 1000 to check.

As I said, we're applying under the same noc code and our application will be winging it's way to them the second the quota is reset. I just hope 500 + other applicants don't have the same idea. That said I heard they may be upping the numbers next year, I just hope RN is still on the list.
I would say its guaranteed that 500+ applicants will have the same idea mate..
The positive from that though is the cap is supposed to be getting raised to 1000..

But then that mite change from now til July.. cic like to change things!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.