Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Should I just sell the house as is?

Should I just sell the house as is?

Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:28 am
Just Joined

HughesFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I just sell the house as is?

If you take a pensioner with you to B&Q on a Wednesday you get 10% off.

I did a few web searches for mine and got it for £400 and then my plumber fitted it for £400 which involved moving the boiler onto an outside wall.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

You would probaly be ok taking the sticker off for the survey as the surveyor cant make a specific comment about the condition of the boiler unless he knows theres a problem, so there would probably just be a general comment on the survey to highlight that the boiler is old and may need attention or replacement. As far as the property questionnaire aspect of the Home Report goes, 'don't know' is a perfectly legitimate answer to any of the questions and the property questionaire has no legal standing, so given you are not a plumber, it would make sense to state 'don't know' as an answer to any questions about the boiler or heating system....
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
You would probaly be ok taking the sticker off for the survey as the surveyor cant make a specific comment about the condition of the boiler unless he knows theres a problem, so there would probably just be a general comment on the survey to highlight that the boiler is old and may need attention or replacement. As far as the property questionnaire aspect of the Home Report goes, 'don't know' is a perfectly legitimate answer to any of the questions and the property questionaire has no legal standing, so given you are not a plumber, it would make sense to state 'don't know' as an answer to any questions about the boiler or heating system....
That is a good point. I know in the home report it asks about energy efficiency etc. The Gas Man has stated it is a G efficiency, so I know it's basically crap! However I wouldn't necessarily know this I guess and I am not a plumber so shouldn't have to be that specific. Yes, I may use this as my argument if my husband still thinks we need to replace it before we sell.