Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Short Term Furnished accommodation Vancouver

Short Term Furnished accommodation Vancouver

Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:48 pm
British European at heart

Arewemad is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Short Term Furnished accommodation Vancouver

I would just like to apologise in advance, I seem to have a new question everyday at the moment!!

Just a quick one though!!

Has anyone ever used www.makeyourselfathome.com for short term furnished rentals when arriving in Vancouver? I don't seem to ever read of them anywhere but they look really good. I just didn't want to go and book something through them if people have had bad experiences!!

Thank you you all
Old Oct 14th 2012, 4:54 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Term Furnished accommodation Vancouver

Originally Posted by Arewemad
I would just like to apologise in advance, I seem to have a new question everyday at the moment!!

Has anyone ever used www.makeyourselfathome.com for short term furnished rentals when arriving in Vancouver? I don't seem to ever read of them anywhere but they look really good. I just didn't want to go and book something through them if people have had bad experiences!!

Thank you you all
Yea we did back in Feb when we came back. We stayed in an apartment in N Van for 3 months and it was very good. Another mate of mine is coming back to Van and has booked one near Commercial. PM if you need more details.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:01 pm

Thats great to know, thank you
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arewemad

Thank you you all
Hi, I don't k now this company, when we went to Vancouver we got a lovely one bedroom apartment on the north shore through Craiglist, but like anything else you need to be careful. Sorry hope this helpsIf you would like the phone number of the person who owned our apartment just let me know and I will forward to you.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

How short term do you want? airbnb.com or vrbo.com are good for vacation rentals for a week or two (You may find something for longer too).
Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Try also rentitfurnished. We had some viewings arranged with them, but didn't get to see any as we found a long-term rental on the first day.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:24 pm

Thanks for all the replies, think I might stick with makeyourselfathome or airbnb. Found a couple of good places, we are wanting something for a month to give us plenty of time. I just think it will be easier with a 2 year old in tow!!