Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

shoes and hardwood floors and tile floors

shoes and hardwood floors and tile floors

Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shoes and hardwood floors and tile floors

Originally Posted by cov lad
on my house there will be a sign outside PLEASE KEEP YOUR SHOES ON

We have one of those signs.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 2:00 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

You will find if people leave their shoes on the amount of yuk that gets traipsed throught the house is.....well yuk! And when you take your owns shoes off and walk around your house the yuk gets stuck to your feet. This is ok if you are a slave to swiffering, personally more than once a day is a waste of time - even sometimes their are not enough nano seconds for that!

However now I have not a single piece of carpet in our house, I will say NO CARPET EVER PLEASE, because of all the yuk you don't see getting trapped into the fibre ........double yuk :scared:
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
You will find if people leave their shoes on the amount of yuk that gets traipsed throught the house is.....well yuk! And when you take your owns shoes off and walk around your house the yuk gets stuck to your feet. This is ok if you are a slave to swiffering, personally more than once a day is a waste of time - even sometimes their are not enough nano seconds for that!

However now I have not a single piece of carpet in our house, I will say NO CARPET EVER PLEASE, because of all the yuk you don't see getting trapped into the fibre ........double yuk :scared:
I say YES to carpet as wooden/tiled flooring makes it harder for me to hear, -all that echoing around. In my world the more soft furnishings the better, bring on the shag pile!! :scared:

Though as someone here pointed out before if you are visiting and want to wear shoes indoors then you could take some with you.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

We've got tiles in our hallway, then laminate all throughout the downstairs except for the lounge. It looks nice but forget and step into the hall with wet shoes and it becomes a skating rink, plus the tiles are not very forgiving when you land on them ( trust me i know )

Stuart
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:14 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandyg
We've got tiles in our hallway, then laminate all throughout the downstairs except for the lounge. It looks nice but forget and step into the hall with wet shoes and it becomes a skating rink, plus the tiles are not very forgiving when you land on them ( trust me i know )

Stuart

Sorry shouldn't laugh - sent you karma!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

JaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of lightJaseAndHeth is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Nevermind the mud! People sh1t and piss and bleed all over the streets of Vancouver.
Yikes! Which part of Vancouver do you live in??

Shoes off and a disinfectant flee bath for those who enter my house!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
We have one of those signs.
Lol!

Why am I not surprised?!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:20 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
What fresh hell is this?

Just one more thing to worry, worry about
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Lol!

Why am I not surprised?!
My OH considers expecting people to remove their shoes to be the height of inhospitablity. "We don't live in a mosque".
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:25 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Buy a cream carpet, lay it in the hall then allow every one to enter with shoes on.....

I bet after 2 days your understand why shoes should be left at the door.... and to think you can now see all that dirt, with tiled and wooden floors you might not see as much of it but it still there :scared: ...

Sutherlands

Last edited by Sutherlands; Sep 6th 2006 at 9:27 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Buy a cream carpet, lay it in the hall
We're don't live in a 1970s council house either.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:42 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
We're don't live in a 1970s council house either.
? lost sorry
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:26 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
What fresh hell is this?
A moderatle quiet RL lol was issued at this (it's late or a proper laugh would have been appropriate )

Treat people's shoe-removal as a sign of respect gringo; they will expect the same of you whatever flooring they've installed.

... and props to HWP for the 'truly' bushy blonde hairdo =D
Rock on sister.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always mildly embarrassed at the crap people track *out* of my house... not enough to crack on and clean properly, but still. Shoes on in this house, cream carpet from the previous owners and all.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen was 2 men struggling to carry a side-by-side fridge freezer over my threshold whilst trying to take their shoes off at the same time. All that, just so they could cover their dark socks in our dog's pale hair.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:12 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
I say YES to carpet as wooden/tiled flooring makes it harder for me to hear, -all that echoing around. In my world the more soft furnishings the better, bring on the shag pile!! :scared:
I hear ya... well, sort of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.